SuperMoto Junkie banner

CR500AF Supermotard Project (because Canadian winters are cold)

14K views 41 replies 15 participants last post by  AdamBoy 
#1 · (Edited)
2004 CRF450R frame with a 1997 CR500 motor. Street legal.

VIDEOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Ty-mU7iZ8&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIlA6_WHY9s

Weight 224 lbs dry weight with 72HP.
Pro Circuit expansion chamber
FMF slip on
Boysen power reeds
Service Honda digital ignition
Warp 9 supermotard rims
Sprocket gearing 15F 40R (38R for longer rides)
Conti Attack supermotard tires
Trail Tech kick stand
Trail Tech Vapor computer
All new Hot rods bearings and seals
Billet aluminum upper clamps
Pro Taper CR high rise bars
Pro Taper diamond grips
Vancouver Supermoto wiring harness (Warness)
KTM headlight with H4 LED bulb conversion
K&N air filter
Welding, frame fabrication, and radiator welds all done by Armstrong Motors in Kingston, Nova Scotia.
Pro Tech Suspension, full rework. Done by Lee Tinkler in Montreal, Quebec. (Lowered 1.5 inches)
Keihin 39mm PWK carb (Current jetting is 48 pilot jet and 175 main jet with needle clip in the 3rd position)
NGK BPR7ES spark plug

See less See more
#4 ·
Motor prep

New piston (OEM)

Lectron smart carb (operates with a jetless system)

Service Honda digital ignition

Pro Tech Suspension (done by Lee Tinkler) Lowered 1.5 inches

Decompression valve fabricated, welded, and head shaved.

First mackup

Radiator fabrication

#5 · (Edited)
Big shout of to Vancouver Supermoto for building the "warness" on my motard. It made wiring the entire bike so simple. Plug and play, literally.

Gas tank molding (this was one of the more difficult parts of the build).

Head stay mounts and brackets

Graphics done by Stickman Graphics in Tennessee.

#18 ·
Right now I'm running a 15T front and a 40T rear. I've done some experimenting with different gearing and this seems to be the perfect combination of torque and speed. It will still lift the front in every gear but will also cruise at 80mph at about 4100 RPM.

#29 ·
Bondi Engines in Toronto, just did a full motor rebuild to include Crank, seals, bearings, Weisco Piston (drilled), and brand new OEM cylinder. All just preventive maintenance. :)

If you've never used Bondi Engines, I'd highly recommend them. The high level of professionalism and workmanship is bar none. They are undoubtedly the best two stroke engine builder in Canada and with the Canadian dollar so low, it should be all that more appealing for US based customers. :)

#35 ·
Sweet ride!!!

How did you get it plated in Canada? As far as I know, it's now impossible to plate an offroad vehicle here in Canada.

#37 ·
Glad you could join the party, Oldie! In about 1.5 months I'll have the weather to demonstrate a 200 KPH run. I'll plan to have a GoPro on board for the GPS run. I would like to make a serious bet with you. If I can achieve 200KPH and prove it by whatever means we can agree to be reasonable, you PayPal me $100 USD. If I fail to do so within an agreed reasonable amount of time, I'll PayPal you $250 USD.

Let me know what ya think old fella, can you put your money where your mouth is?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.