Husky 701
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Husky 701

Default Husky 701

Any info that the States are going to get them for 2016?

Advertisement

I've read numerous dates. None of which can be confirmed. I'm eagerly waiting in line to purchase one!

Talked to someone at Larson's Cycle in cambridge, MN and they said they were expecting to here something in late Feb. or March.
    Never heard anything back from them after that.
    Husky did add a new video to the 701 site yesterday or monday that shows it in action finally.
    Planning/hoping to get one too.
    2010 Husqvarna SMR 450

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Talked to a Husky dealer in TX. They said they should be on the ground in september!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Dave View Post
    Talked to a Husky dealer in TX. They said they should be on the ground in september!
    Hmmm.....I'm gonna have to talk to my not-so-local dealer and get their input.
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)
    Riding Game: 3

New vid and some more details about the bike on the 701 site. Didn't see much else on there though.
    http://701supermoto.com
    2010 Husqvarna SMR 450

Thumbs down

The thing that gets me is that when it was first announced, they said the 701 would have a few differences to the SMC-R, and yet, other than the plastics (and slightly larger fuel tank - hence the larger rear end), they have not shared any info that is different compared to the SMC-R.
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)

I don't think they intended on straying too far from the mechanical portion of the bike, just mainly cosmetic differences.
    But I am also surprised that they haven't released a full spec sheet for the bike, especially if it's supposed to be in the states in a month and a half or 2?
    Just wish they would release more info and let me take one for a test ride.
    2010 Husqvarna SMR 450

Default 701

might imagine that they will do the same as the other husky’s : with uprated suspenders, and more mapping. just a guesstimate. Hope they leak a little info for you guys.

Lightbulb

Just got off the phone with a local dealer and he said that the announcement for the new models will be in Virginia on August 9th !!!
    Also, from what he heard, the 401's will be formally announced at the same time.
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Evol View Post
    Just got off the phone with a local dealer and he said that the announcement for the new models will be in Virginia on August 9th !!!
    Also, from what he heard, the 401's will be formally announced at the same time.
    Thats awesome! We're getting closer!

Has anyone heard any updates?

I emailed the dealer i have been speaking with and havent yet received a response.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Dave View Post
    Has anyone heard any updates?

I emailed the dealer i have been speaking with and havent yet received a response.
    Nothing here either, dealer I talked to was going to give me an update after their dealer meeting a few weeks back but never heard any more.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by llloyd View Post
    Nothing here either, dealer I talked to was going to give me an update after their dealer meeting a few weeks back but never heard any more.
    Same here....
    I'm interested in the new 701, but the new 690 Duke will have dual counter balancer shafts and 73hp stock (bore and stroke are changed for 2016). It's got me thinking....
    Last edited by Evol; 09-14-2015 at 07:07 PM.
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)

I've been searching all around the web too lately and can't find anything.
    I would just like to know a release date and if it's coming to the states.
    Still trying to decide if spending $10k+ on a bike is worth it when I could buy 2 for that.
    2010 Husqvarna SMR 450

Well they must have heard us talking Hahaha. Bunch of new info on the 701 site. Release date of November 15th for Europe. Didn't read far enough to see if it says anything for US
    2010 Husqvarna SMR 450

Same here....
    I'm interested in the new 701, but the new 690 Duke will have dual counter balancer shafts and 73hp stock (bore and stroke are changed for 2016). It's got me thinking....
    Now I have to do the Cam Upgrade on my '14 690 to keep up - Always love a good HP project

That Ice Vid is awesome
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Thumbs down

According to the specs on the website, it will be the "old" 690cc engine in there, not the "new" 2016 693cc engine.
    Honestly, that bugs me. Yeah, I'd rather have the dual counter balancer shafts and 73hp and extra torque of the new revised engine, but the main thing in my mind now, is that I'd be spending $12k+ (Canadian) for "old tech". Maybe it's just me, but for that much coin, I'd like to have the latest tech....
    Last edited by Evol; 09-15-2015 at 08:05 PM.
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)

According to the specs on the website, it will be the "old" 690cc engine in there, not the "new" 2016 693cc engine.
    Honestly, that bugs me. Yeah, I'd rather have the dual counter balancer shafts and 73hp and extra torque of the new revised engine, but the main thing in my mind now, is that I'd be spending $12k+ (Canadian) for "old tech". Maybe it's just me, but for that much coin, I'd like to have the latest tech....
    Regardless of currency, I could not agree more amigo
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me - Hunter S. Thompson

Lightbulb

For anyone interested, here's some info on the new 693cc engine: http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/the...ina-1729626009
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)

You going to get one Evol?

For anyone interested, here's some info on the new 693cc engine: http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/the...ina-1729626009
    Dig it - 3 Maps vs 2 and switchable ABS with a new Dash? - Big Ups to an already super fun bike

Lightbulb

Got some good pics in this article: http://blog.motorcycle.com/2015/09/0...uke-announced/

Dash:

Rider POV:

Sorry about threadjacking and turning it into a Duke thread, but I find it relevant since this tech should make it to the supermoto version in a couple years (hopefully sooner).
    It's just a shame the 701 Supermoto won't have these new additions from the start.
    Last edited by Evol; 09-17-2015 at 05:01 PM.
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)

Dual counter balancer shafts is for reducing vibration?
    I kind of like the vibes from a big single
    Just have to keep a loose grip on handlebars and check bike that not too many things have rattled off (keep losing chunks of my aftermarket exhaust and exhaust bolts on my 690 smc)
    (aftermarket license plate holder just snapped off today too)
    (and of course my display doesn't work due to vibration as well - and this is the replacement display)
    Last edited by strafer; 09-23-2015 at 08:35 PM.

Default 701

I heard through the grapevine that the 701 will be at the dealers in the US in Feb 2016 (just talking to my local dealer UK)

I've already ordered mine and paid in full, expect roughly the same cost as the KTM 690 SMCR in US.

Here in the UK the ktm retails at £7999

and I paid £8120 for the 701. Probably much more than what you will have to pay in comparison.....But can't wait.....Bring on the 15th Nov

Arrow

Welcome to SMJ !!!

Sadly we don't have the SMC-R in North America, but for comparison, how much does the Enduro R cost in the UK?

Edit:
    Here in Canada, the Enduro R costs around $11k + taxes.
    I'm hoping there is some special conversion KTM does, because if I convert £8120 to the Canadian Dollar, that would make the retail here just under $17k. Ummmm....OUCH !!!!
    Last edited by Evol; 09-20-2015 at 02:46 PM.
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)

Welcome to SMJ !!!

Sadly we don't have the SMC-R in North America, but for comparison, how much does the Enduro R cost in the UK?

Edit:
    Here in Canada, the Enduro R costs around $11k + taxes.
    I'm hoping there is some special conversion KTM does, because if I convert £8120 to the Canadian Dollar, that would make the retail here just under $17k. Ummmm....OUCH !!!!
    Thank you! probably the only forum I will be signing up to, anymore could be quite time consuming.....been staring at posts on here for days now (the wife loves it )

The enduro comes in at £200 cheaper than the SMCR with a retail of £7,799 looks like you're in luck

Will be interesting to know what the 701 enduro retailed at. My dealer had 1 SM701 and 1 701 enduro for pre-order, tbh I didn't ask about any info for the enduro version but i know both are now taken for, I presume it is released on the 15th Nov here aswell but there is no information about it anywhere, will ask him when I go in next week.

Quote Originally Posted by worthm View Post
    Thank you! probably the only forum I will be signing up to, anymore could be quite time consuming.....been staring at posts on here for days now (the wife loves it )

The enduro comes in at £200 cheaper than the SMCR with a retail of £7,799 looks like you're in luck

Will be interesting to know what the 701 enduro retailed at. My dealer had 1 SM701 and 1 701 enduro for pre-order, tbh I didn't ask about any info for the enduro version but i know both are now taken for, I presume it is released on the 15th Nov here aswell but there is no information about it anywhere, will ask him when I go in next week.
    What's the benefit of preordering ? Did you pay extra charge for preordering.

Just guarantees you get one. Went into my local KTM dealer last month, even though I had the money for the SMCR they can't get them. They only get allocated a few a year and they go instantly, they wont do pre-orders on them because they really are unsure of when they can next get one. Supply can't keep up with demand. Shocking in this day and age.

Just guarantees you get one. Went into my local KTM dealer last month, even though I had the money for the SMCR they can't get them. They only get allocated a few a year and they go instantly, they wont do pre-orders on them because they really are unsure of when they can next get one. Supply can't keep up with demand. Shocking in this day and age.
    Though seeing one of his ktm exc 500 sixdays with the supermoto conversion that they did for a customer, which was due to be picked up at the end of the week, I nearly threw practicality out of the window but was an extra £2000 on top of the exc price
    Attached Images Attached Images

My husqvarna dealer said he will get back to me 2mrw. I Found it strange that they still had no idea about the prices... Do I have to pay in full in order to make a preorder?Or a deposit will be enough?

Though seeing one of his ktm exc 500 sixdays with the supermoto conversion that they did for a customer, which was due to be picked up at the end of the week, I nearly threw practicality out of the window but was an extra £2000 on top of the exc price
    Hehe I was actually waiting since January for the husky and just last week I went to ktm with all my money. "Sorry sir we are out of stock" .

Quote Originally Posted by Air View Post
    Hehe I was actually waiting since January for the husky and just last week I went to ktm with all my money. "Sorry sir we are out of stock" .
    well I only put a £200 deposit down to begin with but he rang me last week with the final figure so paid the rest with what i had saved and rest with a loan from bank (finance APR is rediculous at dealers at the mo). My dealer is mainly Husqvarna but also supply Suzuki and Yamaha. Bearing in mind they only sell off-road bikes at my local dealer NO road bikes, think Husqvarna have forced them to sell their SM701 model also. If KTM aren't keeping up with the supply of SMC-R's then surely as the husky is basically the same, they will be as high in demand? but the dealer only pre ordered one of each (enduro and SM) maybe he's really not interested in street versions or under estimates the sale ability of them, who knows. Good luck with tomorrow Air, sure you should get a pre order in.

well I only put a £200 deposit down to begin with but he rang me last week with the final figure so paid the rest with what i had saved and rest with a loan from bank (finance APR is rediculous at dealers at the mo). My dealer is mainly Husqvarna but also supply Suzuki and Yamaha. Bearing in mind they only sell off-road bikes at my local dealer NO road bikes, think Husqvarna have forced them to sell their SM701 model also. If KTM aren't keeping up with the supply of SMC-R's then surely as the husky is basically the same, they will be as high in demand? but the dealer only pre ordered one of each (enduro and SM) maybe he's really not interested in street versions or under estimates the sale ability of them, who knows. Good luck with tomorrow Air, sure you should get a pre order in.
    Thanks, I finally preordered it with a deposit. Actual price is yet to be released. So yeah waiting until november 15th

Have you asked about the offered exhaust systems?

Thanks, I finally preordered it with a deposit. Actual price is yet to be released. So yeah waiting until november 15th

Have you asked about the offered exhaust systems?
    Yea, that was the first thing I enquired about (ugly isn't it, and heavy probably). They didn't know any detail really but he said all the power parts for it should be released at the end of September/early October. Hoping for an FMF but not likely.

Items for Sale

Last edited by Little squirt; 09-23-2015 at 10:59 AM.
    Not Banned
    Challenges Complete: 25

2010 HUSKY SMR450 http://www.supermotojunkie.com/showt...56#post1283256

Default Husky 701

I wonder if they ever addressed the fuel caps (prone to leaking under acceleration or wheelies)?
    Bikeless - Trying to decide on the next one

They didn't know any detail really but he said all the power parts for it should be released at the end of September/early October. Hoping for an FMF but not likely.
    Scrap that, my dealer just rang me, he received the 2016 power parts catalogue this morning and nothing for the 701 just the off-road models. Apparently they are doing a separate catalogue for it but not until Nov after they officially introduce the enduro model on 1st Nov.

Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD33 View Post
    I wonder if they ever addressed the fuel caps (prone to leaking under acceleration or wheelies)?
    Hope there is not that problem also they fix that rocker-arm thing..Not sure are that problem in these new engines, but heard few older 690smc engine that issues
    Husqvarna sm510r 2010
    Checkhttp://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShW...view_as=public
    I'm sorry if I write like that no one understands the content or purpose of the text. It is not intended to
    Formerly "sädde " or "sadde"

Arrow

Seeing how it is the same 690cc engine as the Enduro R, SMC-R and the 2015 Duke, YES, the rockers are still a problem !!!!
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by HUSKY530RR View Post
    Hope there is not that problem also they fix that rocker-arm thing..Not sure are that problem in these new engines, but heard few older 690smc engine that issues
    Good thing it has a delayed arrival time in north america then, so you can see us europeans complain about it or not. Winter tho will reduce the amount of miles we will be pulling on it..

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2015/...-701-web-site/

February 2016

May have the new counterbalanced Duke motor.

Lightbulb

Unfortunately, according to the specs provided, the 701 will not be getting the new engine.
    It's a missed opportunity for Husqvarna to start off with a real bang and not just a rehash of "old tech".

2016 701 Supermoto bore & stroke = 102mm & 84.5 mm 67hp
    2015 690 SMC-R bore & stroke = 102mm & 84.5 mm 67hp
    2016 693cc Duke bore & stroke = 105mm & 80 mm 73hp
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)

I was little when i was heard, they will use that same engine and call that 701...
    Husqvarna sm510r 2010
    Checkhttp://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShW...view_as=public
    I'm sorry if I write like that no one understands the content or purpose of the text. It is not intended to
    Formerly "sädde " or "sadde"

Just got phoned by my dealer and the 701 is going to be for ~$10700 in Europe.

Unfortunately, according to the specs provided, the 701 will not be getting the new engine.
    It's a missed opportunity for Husqvarna to start off with a real bang and not just a rehash of "old tech".

2016 701 Supermoto bore & stroke = 102mm & 84.5 mm 67hp
    2015 690 SMC-R bore & stroke = 102mm & 84.5 mm 67hp
    2016 693cc Duke bore & stroke = 105mm & 80 mm 73hp

That's too bad. According to the Husky 701 webpage, they're slated for the States in February 16.

Question

Just got phoned by my dealer and the 701 is going to be for ~$10700 in Europe.
    Do you know what the 690 SMC-R, 690 Enduro R, or 690 Duke go for in Europe? (Again for reference)
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)

Do you know what the 690 SMC-R, 690 Enduro R, or 690 Duke go for in Europe? (Again for reference)
    About the same~$10500 for the out of stock 2015 models. No idea how much the new duke is Gona cost but the duke R ABS 2015 model goes for~$11360 and non R version for ~$8750.
    Last edited by Air; 10-03-2015 at 03:07 AM.

I was really excited about the 701, but if I'd wanted a 690SMC I'd just get one.

To me, there's just not enough justification to sell my 510SMR and get the 701.

I'm kinda disappointed it's not more unique and doesn't have the new engine.
    2010 Husqvarna 510SMR
    2009 CBR600RR
    2006 CRF250R

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCoyote View Post
    I was really excited about the 701, but if I'd wanted a 690SMC I'd just get one.

To me, there's just not enough justification to sell my 510SMR and get the 701.

I'm kinda disappointed it's not more unique and doesn't have the new engine.
    Well it's targeting new customers rather than veterans. Like someone who wanted a 690smcr R but found out that it is out of stock...They are not even mentioning the release date for 2016 models (for the smc R)yet.. So I went ahead with husky as it is a new skin on the streets at least
    Last edited by Air; 10-03-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Advertisement
Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast