SuperMoto Junkie banner

Husky 701

293K views 1K replies 115 participants last post by  rulle_retard 
#1 ·
Any info that the States are going to get them for 2016?

#3 ·
Talked to someone at Larson's Cycle in cambridge, MN and they said they were expecting to here something in late Feb. or March.
Never heard anything back from them after that.
Husky did add a new video to the 701 site yesterday or monday that shows it in action finally.
Planning/hoping to get one too.

#7 ·
The thing that gets me is that when it was first announced, they said the 701 would have a few differences to the SMC-R, and yet, other than the plastics (and slightly larger fuel tank - hence the larger rear end), they have not shared any info that is different compared to the SMC-R. :hmmm:

#8 ·
I don't think they intended on straying too far from the mechanical portion of the bike, just mainly cosmetic differences.
But I am also surprised that they haven't released a full spec sheet for the bike, especially if it's supposed to be in the states in a month and a half or 2?:headscrat
Just wish they would release more info and let me take one for a test ride. :lol:

#10 ·
Just got off the phone with a local dealer and he said that the announcement for the new models will be in Virginia on August 9th !!!
Also, from what he heard, the 401's will be formally announced at the same time.

#15 ·
I've been searching all around the web too lately and can't find anything.
I would just like to know a release date and if it's coming to the states.
Still trying to decide if spending $10k+ on a bike is worth it when I could buy 2 for that. :lol:

#18 · (Edited)
According to the specs on the website, it will be the "old" 690cc engine in there, not the "new" 2016 693cc engine.
Honestly, that bugs me. Yeah, I'd rather have the dual counter balancer shafts and 73hp and extra torque of the new revised engine, but the main thing in my mind now, is that I'd be spending $12k+ (Canadian) for "old tech". Maybe it's just me, but for that much coin, I'd like to have the latest tech....

#23 · (Edited)
#24 · (Edited)
Dual counter balancer shafts is for reducing vibration?
I kind of like the vibes from a big single
Just have to keep a loose grip on handlebars and check bike that not too many things have rattled off (keep losing chunks of my aftermarket exhaust and exhaust bolts on my 690 smc)
(aftermarket license plate holder just snapped off today too)
(and of course my display doesn't work due to vibration as well - and this is the replacement display)

#25 ·

I heard through the grapevine that the 701 will be at the dealers in the US in Feb 2016 (just talking to my local dealer UK)

I've already ordered mine and paid in full, expect roughly the same cost as the KTM 690 SMCR in US.

Here in the UK the ktm retails at £7999

and I paid £8120 for the 701. Probably much more than what you will have to pay in comparison.....But can't wait.....Bring on the 15th Nov :D

#120 ·
I heard through the grapevine that the 701 will be at the dealers in the US in Feb 2016 (just talking to my local dealer UK)

I've already ordered mine and paid in full, expect roughly the same cost as the KTM 690 SMCR in US.

Here in the UK the ktm retails at £7999

and I paid £8120 for the 701. Probably much more than what you will have to pay in comparison.....But can't wait.....Bring on the 15th Nov :D
I also heard for US, delivery of Feb 2016. Not sure what a KTM 690 SMCR went for but price seems too high.

#26 · (Edited)
Welcome to SMJ !!!

Sadly we don't have the SMC-R in North America, but for comparison, how much does the Enduro R cost in the UK?

Edit:
Here in Canada, the Enduro R costs around $11k + taxes.
I'm hoping there is some special conversion KTM does, because if I convert £8120 to the Canadian Dollar, that would make the retail here just under $17k. Ummmm....OUCH !!!!

#27 ·
Thank you! probably the only forum I will be signing up to, anymore could be quite time consuming.....been staring at posts on here for days now (the wife loves it :headshake)

The enduro comes in at £200 cheaper than the SMCR with a retail of £7,799 looks like you're in luck

Will be interesting to know what the 701 enduro retailed at. My dealer had 1 SM701 and 1 701 enduro for pre-order, tbh I didn't ask about any info for the enduro version but i know both are now taken for, I presume it is released on the 15th Nov here aswell but there is no information about it anywhere, will ask him when I go in next week.

#29 ·
Just guarantees you get one. Went into my local KTM dealer last month, even though I had the money for the SMCR they can't get them. They only get allocated a few a year and they go instantly, they wont do pre-orders on them because they really are unsure of when they can next get one. Supply can't keep up with demand. Shocking in this day and age.

#33 ·
Hehe I was actually waiting since January for the husky and just last week I went to ktm with all my money. "Sorry sir we are out of stock" :headscrat.
well I only put a £200 deposit down to begin with but he rang me last week with the final figure so paid the rest with what i had saved and rest with a loan from bank (finance APR is rediculous at dealers at the mo). My dealer is mainly Husqvarna but also supply Suzuki and Yamaha. Bearing in mind they only sell off-road bikes at my local dealer NO road bikes, think Husqvarna have forced them to sell their SM701 model also. If KTM aren't keeping up with the supply of SMC-R's then surely as the husky is basically the same, they will be as high in demand? but the dealer only pre ordered one of each (enduro and SM) maybe he's really not interested in street versions or under estimates the sale ability of them, who knows. Good luck with tomorrow Air, sure you should get a pre order in.

#43 ·
Unfortunately, according to the specs provided, the 701 will not be getting the new engine.
It's a missed opportunity for Husqvarna to start off with a real bang and not just a rehash of "old tech".

2016 701 Supermoto bore & stroke = 102mm & 84.5 mm 67hp
2015 690 SMC-R bore & stroke = 102mm & 84.5 mm 67hp
2016 693cc Duke bore & stroke = 105mm & 80 mm 73hp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.