SuperMoto Junkie banner

'05 Smr630

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Astroman 
#1 ·
My dealer just got the word today that Husky has decided not to import '05 SMR630 to US. The Euro/Dollar exchange rate makes it too costly to bring the bike in at a reasonable price. They still have some '04 Eddy Seel Repilcas in warehouse at $15,000 a pop. If you consider that an '05 SM450R in the UK costs US$11,172.00 and in the US it costs $6799.00, you can see that Husky is taking it in the shorts to keep prices competitve in the US. I just really like the "Old School" Huskys and the SMR630 is the ultimate example of those.

#3 ·
UK/US Pricing

I've been reading the UK mags for awhile now, and I've noticed that every bike sold in both countries costs more there, and in some cases the difference is pretty large. My Ducati Monster S4R listed for $13.5k when I bought it earlier this year - in the UK it's 8.3k pounds, which equals around $16k. An MV Agusta Brutale sells for $14k, while the UK price is 10.5k pounds ($20,300). I enjoy looking at the UK prices - it makes me feel like I got a good deal, no matter how much I've spent (I paid $6.8k for my SM450R set up for the street).

#4 ·
Bikes are more popular there if Bikes had Euro price tags nobody would own one exept the gearheads and hardcore riders.. there People buy them for daily transportation many bikes dont own cars even hacing exotic bikes like Bimotas, Agustas etc , plus bikes in Europe get a good amount of Taxing :hmmm: :hammer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.