NEW TO SUPERMOTO looking for friends and group.
Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: NEW TO SUPERMOTO looking for friends and group.

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default NEW TO SUPERMOTO looking for friends and group.

    Hello,
    I'm new on the Supermoto bike but getting comfy and looking for some friends to ride with in my area. Anyone know of any groups?
    Thank you. Im in Orange County, Aliso Veijo area.

  2.  
    Advertisement
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Citrus Heights, CA
    Posts
    864

    Default

    I think this is your local Supermoto group page on Facebook,

    https://www.facebook.com/search/top/...upermotoriders


    SocalSupermoto is the track/supermoto training page.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thank you

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Welcome to the dark side, from the IE.

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    3

    Thumbs up

    GES Supermoto practice day this Sunday 9 to 2. KCRP/Bakersfield. Golden Empire Supermoto on Facebook.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    8

    Default Im in Orange County.. Fullerton area. always down to ride.

    also been looking for a supermoto group out here in oc but no luck yet.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    8

    Default Sunday 3-6-16 orange county supermoto cruise

    Hit me up if any of you wanna go for a ride this sunday(tomorrow) in orange county or wherever.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    West Coast, CA. U. S. of A.
    Posts
    542

    Cool What's the weather look like ?

    Quote Originally Posted by D3Damore View Post

    Hit me up if any of you wanna go for a ride this Sunday (tomorrow) in orange county or wherever.
    Is this a rain or shine ride ?

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    8

    Default i havent checked the wether yet

    Quote Originally Posted by Red, View Post
    Is this a rain or shine ride ?
    and I don't think to many ppl will be down to ride in the rain. ill check the wether report and see whats the rain percentage. are you down to ride if it doesn't rain? what city you in?

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange, Ca
    Posts
    172

    Default

    I'm in Orange.
    2009 DRZ400SM
    2015 WR450SM - ca plated

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fullerton
    Posts
    8

    Default Let's ride bro!

    Quote Originally Posted by Kx250FRider651 View Post
    I'm in Orange.
    Yo I live in fullerton and work at the cerritos auto mall. Just bought an 06 drz 400. There's 3 of us on this thread so far in OC We should plan a ride. Hopefully more will follow. What do you guys think???

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange, Ca
    Posts
    172

    Default

    I'm always down for a ride/explore the area. Weekends are better since I get off late weekdays and have kids (weekends no work). i have a DRZ400sm too and a plated 15 wr450f that's in supermoto trim.

    There's a guy on thumpertalk in the DRZ forum who's like 20 mins south of me (I think he lives in Rancho Santa margarita) always looking to go on rides as well.
    Last edited by Kx250FRider651; 03-07-2016 at 11:15 PM.
    2009 DRZ400SM
    2015 WR450SM - ca plated

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I'm always down to get together for a quick ride.
    I do have a baby on the way next month so I've been a little busy. If you guys plan something let me know.

  16. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    West Coast, CA. U. S. of A.
    Posts
    542

    Cool How about breakfast at the Red Kettle in Idyllwild . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by Kx250FRider651 View Post

    I'm always down for a ride/explore the area.

    Weekends are better since I get off late weekdays and have kids (weekends no work).

    I have a DRZ400sm too and a plated 15 wr450f that's in supermoto trim.

    There's a guy on thumpertalk in the DRZ forum who's like 20 mins south of me (I think he lives in Rancho Santa margarita) always looking to go on rides as well.


    We could always ride up highway 74 to Idyllwild Saturday ~ have breakfast at the Red Kettle & ride the best road in the west . . .



    http://www.meetup.com/socalrider/events/228132490/

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange, Ca
    Posts
    172

    Default

    That sounds fun, but it's just close to 2 hours away in a car. Not sure how it would be on a slow SM and small gas tank.
    2009 DRZ400SM
    2015 WR450SM - ca plated

  18. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kx250FRider651 View Post
    That sounds fun, but it's just close to 2 hours away in a car. Not sure how it would be on a slow SM and small gas tank.
    Now you know how all us IE people feel when you guys only want to ride Ortega. Or the LA people want to ride Agoura Hills all the time. And just for reference Idyllwild isn't close to anybody, almost anybody.

    Besides, it's not the ride to. It's the ride home that really takes it toll on the tail end.

  19. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    West Coast, CA. U. S. of A.
    Posts
    542

    Cool We could always ride over to the meet-up spot from my house . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post

    Now you know how all us IE people feel when you guys only want to ride Ortega.

    Or the LA people want to ride Agoura Hills all the time.

    And just for reference Idyllwild isn't close to anybody,
    almost anybody.

    Besides,
    it's not the ride to.

    It's the ride home that really takes it toll on the tail end.




    There's a gated community just above me near the meet-up spot that has curves ~ you're welcome to park your truck at my house & I'll treat for breakfast . . .


  20. #18
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hey, I am new to Supermoto as well and would love to find some guys to ride with. I am in North County San Diego Kama Carlsbad to be specific. But I don't mind a little bit of a ride to meet up :-)

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  21. #19
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brucksy81 View Post
    Hey. there, I am new to Supermoto as well and would love to find some guys to ride with. I just bought a 2016 drz400sm... I am in North County San Diego, Carlsbad to be specific. But I don't mind a little bit of a ride to meet up :-)

    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk


    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

  22. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    anybody near sgv or la wanna ride? i ride gmr and azusa canyon daily almost and big bear and crestline frequently.also just hooligan around on my drz400 daily.

  23. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    14

    Default Up fellow Drz Hooligan :)

    Quote Originally Posted by bikelife_dennis View Post
    anybody near sgv or la wanna ride? i ride gmr and azusa canyon daily almost and big bear and crestline frequently.also just hooligan around on my drz400 daily.
    Thanks for the message.
    Im Bijan and I live in Laguna Beach California and ride mostly around this area sometime in the Canyons out to Cooks Corner or along the coast (pch) but not too far usually, I'm a father of a 3 month old daughter so I can't go too far :-).

  24. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brisdana View Post
    Thanks for the message.
    Im Bijan and I live in Laguna Beach California and ride mostly around this area sometime in the Canyons out to Cooks Corner or along the coast (pch) but not too far usually, I'm a father of a 3 month old daughter so I can't go too far :-).
    whats up brotha. sounds dope, ive been wanting to ride santiago canyon. its about an hr ride to get there though.id be down to tear up pch on a bunch if motards.

  25. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    63

    Default

    We ride GMR once or twice a week. We are taking a little break now due to the triple digit temps and because the bike needs a new chain and sprockets installed (my driver/mechanic is a lazy b!@#$ sometimes)! Hopefully we can head back up there sometime next week.
    So cheetahs are supposedly the fastest four legged animals? PFFFFFT!!!

  26. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil the Rat Terrier View Post
    We ride GMR once or twice a week. We are taking a little break now due to the triple digit temps and because the bike needs a new chain and sprockets installed (my driver/mechanic is a lazy b!@#$ sometimes)! Hopefully we can head back up there sometime next week.
    This is when you head up to Big Bear. Of course getting to the bottom of the hill sucks.

    We must...We must...increase our boost

  27. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil the Rat Terrier View Post
    We ride GMR once or twice a week. We are taking a little break now due to the triple digit temps and because the bike needs a new chain and sprockets installed (my driver/mechanic is a lazy b!@#$ sometimes)! Hopefully we can head back up there sometime next week.
    sick id be down to go anytime. lol i just replaced my sprokets and chain and cs seal, this morning. i can lend a hand changing chains or sprokets if needed.

  28. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bikelife_dennis View Post
    sick id be down to go anytime. lol i just replaced my sprokets and chain and cs seal, this morning. i can lend a hand changing chains or sprokets if needed.
    Thanks, I've done them before too but I have never done a "riveted" master link yet. I picked up a cheap tool to do it though, hopefully I won't screw it up! The weather is looking really good up there starting next Sunday and at least through Wed (7/31-8/3) with high temps in the low to mid-80s.
    So cheetahs are supposedly the fastest four legged animals? PFFFFFT!!!

  29. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Anyone in the OC still riding? Had my supermoto for a year now and just joined this site.

  30. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    West Coast, CA. U. S. of A.
    Posts
    542

    Cool Ortega market Saturday morning @ 8:00 AM . . .

    Quote Originally Posted by WRX316 View Post

    Anyone in the OC still riding ?

    Had my super moto for a year now and just joined this site .

  31.  
    Advertisement

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •