Help w/oil vent kit

Thread: Help w/oil vent kit

Default Help w/oil vent kit

I purchased this 2007 RXV550 and the previous owner had installed one of AF1's oil vent kits to get rid of the oil in the airbox syndrome. I just want to make sure he had it hooked up correctly. Has anyone done one of these before?

In this pic look at the white colored T Junction. The clear blue tube is the vent line and it simply vents up towards the headstock without any filter or attachment. The line coming off the white T, to the lower right goes to the crankcase vent spigot just below the countershaft. Just want to make sure this is how it's supposed to be?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2001 Yamaha TTR-150L
    2005 CRF450X
    1998 Buell White Lightning

Advertisement

I'm not savvy to the Apes, or this vent system, but logic tells me that ANY crankcase vent line should never be left open ended, especially if the line is routed vertically. Contaminants or water could get in. If it were mine, I'd at least put a valved fuel cap vent fitting on that open ended line
    2006 625SMC
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    I purchased this 2007 RXV550 and the previous owner had installed one of AF1's oil vent kits to get rid of the oil in the airbox syndrome. I just want to make sure he had it hooked up correctly. Has anyone done one of these before?

In this pic look at the white colored T Junction. The clear blue tube is the vent line and it simply vents up towards the headstock without any filter or attachment. The line coming off the white T, to the lower right goes to the crankcase vent spigot just below the countershaft. Just want to make sure this is how it's supposed to be?

Bit late I know, but this is incorrect. The blue hose is meant to go to the airbox, where the crank case vent originally went. If you look from the other side (RHS of bike) there is a plug in the front corner of the airbox, see crude pic below, behind that oil line, the airbox has a drain, blue hose should connect to this drain.

Instructions here - http://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdI...ine_Kit_d7.pdf

Advertisement