SuperMoto Junkie banner

Help w/oil vent kit

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rob09 
#1 ·
I purchased this 2007 RXV550 and the previous owner had installed one of AF1's oil vent kits to get rid of the oil in the airbox syndrome. I just want to make sure he had it hooked up correctly. Has anyone done one of these before?

In this pic look at the white colored T Junction. The clear blue tube is the vent line and it simply vents up towards the headstock without any filter or attachment. The line coming off the white T, to the lower right goes to the crankcase vent spigot just below the countershaft. Just want to make sure this is how it's supposed to be?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm not savvy to the Apes, or this vent system, but logic tells me that ANY crankcase vent line should never be left open ended, especially if the line is routed vertically. Contaminants or water could get in. If it were mine, I'd at least put a valved fuel cap vent fitting on that open ended line

#3 ·
I purchased this 2007 RXV550 and the previous owner had installed one of AF1's oil vent kits to get rid of the oil in the airbox syndrome. I just want to make sure he had it hooked up correctly. Has anyone done one of these before?

In this pic look at the white colored T Junction. The clear blue tube is the vent line and it simply vents up towards the headstock without any filter or attachment. The line coming off the white T, to the lower right goes to the crankcase vent spigot just below the countershaft. Just want to make sure this is how it's supposed to be?

Bit late I know, but this is incorrect. The blue hose is meant to go to the airbox, where the crank case vent originally went. If you look from the other side (RHS of bike) there is a plug in the front corner of the airbox, see crude pic below, behind that oil line, the airbox has a drain, blue hose should connect to this drain.

Instructions here - http://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdImages/st3/AF1-XV_Oil_Line_Kit_d7.pdf

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.