SuperMoto Junkie banner

701S pics, upgrades, enhancements, post delivery issues, questions

337K views 2K replies 148 participants last post by  the.tru.albertan 
#1 ·
This will be a thread to post pics of your new Husky, issues since you bought the bike, component replacements, upgrades, workarounds, OEM tires, ECU changes, upgrades, etc.

Tip 1. When you get the cable from your dealer (you shouldn't have to pay for it) there are 3 settings for the ABS. One is ABS on both wheels, another is front wheels only, and last is rear wheel only. I don't recall factory setting but I believe it's front only.

Tip 2. I got this from a KTM insider: ECU doesn't need much of anything since it's mapped to Europe Enduro, they also state power bandwidth is set pretty high as well.

#501 ·
Well these small 1bhp will change the hole dynamic feel of the bike. The bhp improvement isnt much but i bet the engine handles agressive riding alot better. worth to have for twisties and wheelies!

@Lamb chop Rides: And push Dyno jet for some release on the pc5 for 701! WE WANT IT!

#503 ·
SC Project Exhaust

Ok I'll wade into the fray, has anyone tried the SC Project Exhaust on the 701? I've heard good things about them on ducati and MV Agusta but haven't seen or heard them mentioned at all here. Their price seems to be on par with the others brands (minus the Akro). Also from the looks of it on their webpage there might be interference with the left blinker but might not be an issue if you run smaller blinkers or a tailtidy. Opinions?

#506 ·
#507 ·
Not sure if this was posted but this is a 701S with a Leo Vince slip on for a KTM 690SMR. Only mod was to manually remove a bracket. I thought I saw LV post a video with a slip on specifically for the 701S as well but I can't find it, and they don't reply to messages.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=leo+vince+slip+on+for+husqvarna+701+supermoto&view=detail&mid=2003E3F192BF9617829D2003E3F192BF9617829D&FORM=VIRE
Check out my Youtube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j9g4sv2QiY

Newest video with the LV exhaust on the 701.
No modifications were needed for the install. the litle bracket people talk about isnt needed to remove.
The muffler sounds great and the bike runs well.

Soundcheck video for different exhausts will be posted at my Youtube channel.

#527 ·
That's exactly what I thought. :D:D:D It's pretty awesome. I love the OEM tail light but I have no choice but to go with this. I don't even care where the tag ends up, I'd say 90% of the sumos on the west coast have plates that are illegible, buried in the wheel well with no ability to see it or just missing completely. I think the cops don't even care at this point since none of these guys get red lighted. Moving in packs helps because you can't see everyone. MY 2 cents.
Thanks again for posting this!!!

#535 ·
Supermoto pegs just installed

I met the owner of this company at a track day when i complained about the rubber pegs not being a good idea for grip on a track day.
Jack makes pegs that are superb for everyday but especially for track. Note in the picture the round slider on the bottom of the peg. As it wears just rotate it a bit and fresh surface. Also they are a bit smaller than stock and just over a half inch more leg room. The grip surface works very well and without the big teeth of the stock pegs with rubber removed.
axljak.com

#541 ·
Nice, I've got my platform for the new graphics :)

Regarding the black seat, Husky just posted the seat on their parts list. Check it out.

Regarding hand guards, I had the dealer leave off everything but the 701 etched metal piece coming out of the end of the handlebars. I see KTM has some nice black carbon fibre lever protection from the 690 Enduro R. Those should fit this bike.

#546 ·
GRX kits

BTW,

I contacted the top 5 bike graphic companies in the world. Not one has the 701 template. I'm down to the last company, they believe they can get the template and bust out my design. I'll share what I know when I get the info.

It easier to herd cats. seriously:hmmm::headshake:hmmm::headshake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.