SuperMoto Junkie banner

Naples Italy riders!!

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ttias 
#1 ·
Anybody speaka de Inglish? capisci? Ciao, looking for anyone on here who is in the campania area. I dont have a bike yet but im looking. Chime in w any info. Im drooling over the supermotos ive seen so far. :thumbup:

#4 ·
The moto aspect is great, drivers are very wary of motos, motos weaving in and out of lanes, splitting lanes, its crazy, basically a free for all, stop signs are optional. Many many scooters! Fam and i trying to decide on city or country life. Havent seen any dirtbikes or singletrack.

#9 ·
How are you liking it out there? We are working on moving to Italy ourselves but it will be at least 1.5-2 years to get citizenship. We've been gravitating toward Sardinia. The roads look awesome in Italy, and we like the bike selection out there too! Have fun :)

#10 ·
Naples is a beast. A bit too hectic for my taste. Ive decided to maybe just look for an offroad sumo. Insurance costs about 1/3 the value of the bike, just isnt practicable. Its like the wild west over here, anything goes :arsenal

#11 ·
Yes I did hear the Italians are pretty crazy drivers, but I cannot see it being much worse than riding in Manhattan or Los Angeles. That is the beauty of the sumo bike, it is nearly perfect for riding urban commando style in ultra hectic environments. I'm surprised about the insurance cost though, but that must be for collision and comprehensive too and I also imagine theft rates are very high considering there are hardly any private garages there.

I have heard the green card liability insurance is pretty inexpensive in Europe. We are thinking about taking a bike over with us and then just adding European liability insurance to it when we get there. I think US citizens are permitted to bring a vehicle over from the USA for up to a year before it must be registered there or returned to the states.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.