SuperMoto Junkie banner

rebuilding my 00 ec300 torques needed

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kurlon 
#1 ·
I've got a 2000 EC300 w/ WP fork and Ohlins shock.

A year ago I blew the engine up, after an inspection I found I had done the crank bearings and there was a small scuff through the nikasil low down in the cylinder. It's been good to me so I thought i'd get the engine sorted and have a go at undoing some of the neglect and abuse its suffered in my care. After being completely let down by the first engine rebuilder I am happy to say it has now been fully rebuilt. Every bearing, seal and gasket was replaced as well as a crank grind, rebore, nikasil plating, new piston, con-rod and gearbox refurb.
Amongst other things I also replaced the seals and bushes on the swingarm and suspension linkage.
So the bike looks like this now. Apologies for the bad pic

I've got everything I need to get this thing back together (I hope) i'm just short of a rebuild manual so I don't know the torque specs.

Could anyone please supply me with the torque specs for:
Engine mount bolts
Swingarm
Suspension linkage, dogbones etc

Thanks,
Laurence

See less See more
#2 ·
so the rebuilders put the the head on backwards...

There are just rubber o rings under there right?

Would it be possible to reuse them if i turn it round the correct way or is this a no go? They are torqued up but the motor hasn't been fired

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.