Invalid file error when trying to upload avatar and pic attachments and other issues

Thread: Invalid file error when trying to upload avatar and pic attachments and other issues

Question Invalid file error when trying to upload avatar and pic attachments and other issues

I am having major issues with this website in regards to creating a profile and posting images. I have tried multiple times with multiple files and multiple browsers (firefox and chrome) and on multiple computers. Files are .jpg extension and sized under max limits (avatar pic smaller than 100x100 and other pics under 1200x1200, and file sizes are well below stated size limits). I also tried uploading from flickr, and also rec'd the invalid file error. Uploading from my desktop gives the error " This is not a valid image file."

Also - I tried clicking on the FAQ button but it only opens a blank page in mozilla firefox and google chrome.

Also - Clicking on customize my profile opens a blank box that does not appear to do anything whatsoever.

I have accounts on other forums and never had any of these issues, and I am well versed in computers. What am I missing here? Thank you.

Advertisement

Hey there,

Sorry about that! A recent security update wasn't playing well with the image settings. This should now be resolved. Give it a go!
    If you're still having trouble, try clearing you cache and cookies.

Dayle

Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM View Post
    Hey there,

Sorry about that! A recent security update wasn't playing well with the image settings. This should now be resolved. Give it a go!
    If you're still having trouble, try clearing you cache and cookies.

Dayle
    Thank you Dayle, I was able to upload a pic for my avatar so I guess it is working now. I will try the attachments in a few minutes. *wags tail*

Advertisement