New password rules are rediculous!!!!

Thread: New password rules are rediculous!!!!

Default New password rules are rediculous!!!!

I am sorry but these new password rules are driving me absolutely nuts!

Must be at least 10 characters
    Must contain lower-case characters
    Must contain upper-case characters
    Must contain numbers
    Must contain symbols

Even banks, brokerages, and credit card companies don't have these strict requirements! This is a forum, even if someone guesses our password what can they do - verbally abuse someone and make it look like someone else wrote it? I realize there has been a security breach, however that did not occur because of easier password rules and no matter how complex you make the passwords hackers will get the passwords again (even these ridiculously complex ones) if they breach the server again. It makes no sense, every time I have to log back in I have to dig around for 10 mins to find the password because it is RIDICULOUSLY difficult.

This is a forum, for a majority of us there is nothing to steal here. If anything these new rules may cause more harm, some people may be inclined to use banking passwords because otherwise they will never remember the password here, or they may never change the assigned password do to the complexity of the required password. Perhaps I am the only one who feels this way?
    So cheetahs are supposedly the fastest four legged animals? PFFFFFT!!!

Advertisement

Cecil, calm down, here's a milk bone. Just wait til they make us reset it in 12 months. It'll take a small essay. But I know of 2 monkeys sitting in a lab that can duplicate mine in 3 true.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Tries.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Lightbulb

Meh, just come up with something and let Chrome do the rest. I let Chrome save my forum passwords and I never logout, so every time I open my browser, SMJ is there, ready and waiting!
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)
    Riding Game: 3

The browser's remember password feature is a good idea but I have my browsers already setup to never remember any passwords.

Thanks for the milk bone but I will pass, however I would gladly take a Carl's Jr hamburger!

Hey, here is a question. Am I the only one that my backspace key on my PC doesn't work on SMJ? Works fine everywhere else, on SMJ I have to use the alt+arrow keys. This of course a new development as of 2:3 days ago.

Backspace works for me. Perhaps being in insert mode may effect it? I know there are ways to disable backspace in chrome and firefox, perhaps you did that accidentally.

I do a lot of stuff accidentally on tech crap. I will do more research on it later. But as I said every other site it works.

Carl's Jr. Ugh, in and out. One day when I'm out and about we can meet up and I'll buy.

Yeah if it is only happening here it is probably a site glitch. Perhaps it will work again after the next time the site is taken down for maintenance.

We have been meaning to try In N Out, especially since they have outdoor seating. Every time we ride by one Cecil's little sniffer goes into overdrive! We were lucky to make it home today though, we had to ride the FZ-09 10+ miles on a completely flat front tire in traffic (including on I-5). Even with a flat tire we were out-pulling the cars from stoplights. I am shocked that the bead stayed on the rim and I think it can still be repaired with a plug.

...and yes I know, you "true" supermoto guys would just ride a wheelie home

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil the Rat Terrier View Post
    Yeah if it is only happening here it is probably a site glitch. Perhaps it will work again after the next time the site is taken down for maintenance.

We have been meaning to try In N Out, especially since they have outdoor seating. Every time we ride by one Cecil's little sniffer goes into overdrive! We were lucky to make it home today though, we had to ride the FZ-09 10+ miles on a completely flat front tire in traffic (including on I-5). Even with a flat tire we were out-pulling the cars from stoplights. I am shocked that the bead stayed on the rim and I think it can still be repaired with a plug.

...and yes I know, you "true" supermoto guys would just ride a wheelie home
    I would be worried about the displaced rubber on the inside of the tire. Can't be as bad as a car tire running low, but I've removed pounds of rubber flakes from them.

I can't believe you have not tried in-n-out yet. Number one for a reason.

Thanks, maybe you are right. I was going to have it changed out with the rear tire in about 1500 miles but maybe I will just have the new tire put on this week instead. It was whining something fierce while braking!

Problem solved, I think. Deleted the shortcut. Redid said shortcut and TADA. Back in backspace heaven.

Well, fook. That small accomplishment was short lived.

Keep Cecil away from the screen.

Very puzzling that it worked and then stopped working. Have you tried using another browser or logging in with another computer? Unfortunately trying these will force you to type in the ridiculously complex password again!

Hi guys,

We're really sorry about the inconvenience and frustrations that this has brought on. I believe we will be reviewing the requirements once the dust settles on this password issue a little so that way they won't need to be so complex in the future.

~Sheena

Okay Cecil. I finally found what the culprit is. Chrome is removing the backspace key functionality of returning one page back. But they offer a extension in the app store to return it to its former self. Seems too many people filling out forms and such would hit backspace and delete their work on that page. So their squeaky wheel got the grease. Why that isn't the number one search result is baffling at best. I shall know this evening if this cures it.

And yes I get my in the middle of the night updates around that time frame.

Hmm. Occasionally and for apparently no reason (until now) I sometimes lose everything that I type in an email or a webpage when using Firefox as it jumps back a page. I now wonder if the backspace is causing this to happen. Sometimes I copy the text halfway through typing a long email just in case it happens. I'll have to look into this - thanks!

Lightbulb

What are you using for email?
    Gmail auto-saves every minute or so to avoid losing your work. Or maybe it's Chrome doing that? Either way....
    '15 FZ09
    '09 690 SMC (sold)
    '10 WR250X (sold)
    Riding Game: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil the Rat Terrier View Post
    Hmm. Occasionally and for apparently no reason (until now) I sometimes lose everything that I type in an email or a webpage when using Firefox as it jumps back a page. I now wonder if the backspace is causing this to happen. Sometimes I copy the text halfway through typing a long email just in case it happens. I'll have to look into this - thanks!
    Yes during my search this is why they did away with the "legacy" key. Backspace would go back a whole page if you move the cursor out of the box your're typing in and accidentally clicked while it was outside the box then hit backspace. Firefox does have a native setting to eliminate that from happening. Now you should be good to go unless you download the extension. I just hope it can be toggled easy.

Cecil and I probably have a dozen emails between us, however I know hotmail does save a draft every so often. I have lost some stuff on forums and other websites too, and that really pisses me off. I also use a touchpad which probably makes it happen more often but it's better than getting carpel tunnel/tendonitis from using a mouse I will definitely look into the Firefox setting - thanks!

Advertisement