Website login/redirects issue
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Website login/redirects issue

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    44

    Default Website login/redirects issue

    Wanted to bring this to your attention. When I registered everything was fine. Out of nowhere one day it started trying to redirect me to Facebook. It would go back and forth then fail due to too many redirect attempts. This happened on my tablet and iPhone. Didn't matter if I was linking in from a google search or typed directly the URL. I have my username and password stay logged in box checked and I didn't sign in through Facebook. Now the only way I can access the site is through Tapatalk. I'm hoping letting you know about this maybe there's a lot of others who don't know about the app and simply gave up on the site. It's inaccessible from my iPhone 6 + or new iPad .


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2.  
    Advertisement
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Screenshot from just now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Couldn't recreate using my iphone 5. Can you try clearing out your cookies and try again?

    Kevin

  5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Yes, so if I go into settings in the iPhone and hit "clear history and website data" it will work for some time, I only know because I tried this roughly 5 times. When I clear the iPhone cache it works just fine but usually around the 7-10 page load it comes back! It seems like the site is trying to log me into Facebook. I even went Facebook and disabled website login with no change


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I've had the exact same problem for a while, and I chose to ignore the website pretty much.
    It will work for a while if you clear the cookies (that's how I created this account but took me like 30min to do it). There's definitely an issue with Facebook and this website, unfortunately I'm gonna keep avoiding the website until it get's fixed because its really a pain in the a**.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    55

    Default

    When you get these redirect pop-ups, are you using the mobile or desktop version of the site?

    Kevin

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Toronto, Canada.
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM View Post
    When you get these redirect pop-ups, are you using the mobile or desktop version of the site?

    Kevin
    They are not pop-ups, the website won't even load. Using desktop version so far.
    2013 Honda CRF250L SM -SOLD
    2008 KTM 690 SMC - Current beast
    2006 DRZ400S SM -SOLD

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I also have the same problem. Endless loop of redirect to face book, clear cookies, login, redirect to facebook.

    The ONLY browser on any device I own that can use the website is FireFox.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    55

    Default

    There is an ongoing issue with Facebook Connect and VB4 Firefox bypasses it because they don't sync to most apps. We have our developers working on a fix right now.

    Thank you for your patience on this. Current workaround for both desktop and mobile is to log out of facebook when you come to the forum.

    Kyle

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Moscow, ID
    Posts
    67

    Default fix please

    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM View Post
    There is an ongoing issue with Facebook Connect and VB4 Firefox bypasses it because they don't sync to most apps. We have our developers working on a fix right now.

    Thank you for your patience on this. Current workaround for both desktop and mobile is to log out of facebook when you come to the forum.

    Kyle
    You said you were going to sort this out and yet it is still going on 6 months later. I feel the site attendants is hurting because of your lack of attention to this problem. I know I have been avoiding the site because of how annoying it is.
    The only way I have found to make it work is to clear all history and NOT log back into Facebook. Then I can access the site.

    JR
    06 DRZ400sm (sold)
    08 WR250X (sold)
    14 Honda Grom (sold)
    05 DRZ400S w/SM setup

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Hey guys,

    Please accept our sincere apologies with the delay in response to this thread. This has been an ongoing issue for a long time now, as Facebook's authentication script doesn't properly communicate with the site’s version of vbulletin, as such it is trying to reconcile your facebook connection and account profile but gets pushed back resulting in a constant loop.

    While our developers are trying to correct this without having to overhaul the forum software, we have been instructed to disable Facebook auto connect on the site. This should prevent any redirect loops while still giving you access to the site.

    Let us know if you're still experiencing this now that the problem has been disabled. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.

    Cheers,
    Natalie

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SYSTEM View Post
    Hey guys,

    Please accept our sincere apologies with the delay in response to this thread. This has been an ongoing issue for a long time now, as Facebook's authentication script doesn't properly communicate with the site’s version of vbulletin, as such it is trying to reconcile your facebook connection and account profile but gets pushed back resulting in a constant loop.

    While our developers are trying to correct this without having to overhaul the forum software, we have been instructed to disable Facebook auto connect on the site. This should prevent any redirect loops while still giving you access to the site.

    Let us know if you're still experiencing this now that the problem has been disabled. We thank you for your patience and cooperation.

    Cheers,
    Natalie
    How exactly do we disable Facebook auto connect? The only way I can login is if I'm already on supermotojunkie.com, clear the cookies / cache so I can get to the site without logging in, refresh supermotojunkie.com, do another full cookie/cache clear, and then login without refreshing the page.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dankwhoolies View Post
    How exactly do we disable Facebook auto connect? The only way I can login is if I'm already on supermotojunkie.com, clear the cookies / cache so I can get to the site without logging in, refresh supermotojunkie.com, do another full cookie/cache clear, and then login without refreshing the page.
    To remove your saved login info from your browser, press Ctrl-Shift-Delete in Firefox, IE and Chrome. A window then appears allowing you to delete your history. Select "Active Login" for Firefox, "Clear Saved Passwords" for Chrome or "Passwords" for Internet Explorer. Understand that this will delete all your other saved passwords for other sites you visit frequently. If you don't want that, then follow the steps below.

    For Facebook only, you'll have to login to your account. Click "Account" at the top right. Then click on "Log Out," a sign in page appears. Remove the check next to "Keep me logged in." Then enter your email address/password and log in. Removing the checkmark is key to ensuring it won't automatically log you in every time.

    Let us know if this works and/or if you need further assistance.

    Cheers,
    Natalie

  16.  
    Advertisement

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •