701 SM: Engine Tuning - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 701 SM: Engine Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by jdoggg1 View Post
    I did a test fitment and didn't have that issue. Do you have it pushed down/seated properly? Adjusted left/right? I just followed the video's instructions and it came out well.
    Yes. The issue is the washers are 1.5mm and the seat tabs are 2.6mm. It simply won't fit and there is no adjustment in the system to allow it.

Advertisement

Looks like if I go through the dealer for power commander they are back ordered until April. Not like I will be riding until then anyway.
    2017 701 Supermoto w/ wings exhaust, bikelitez fender eliminator, euro front signals

Don't forget to treat your ladies to something special this Valentine's Day!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByR...ew?usp=sharing

P.S. Rottweiler map is loaded!
    '16 Husky 701 SM

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

I finally got my power commander... installed it, and loaded both dynojet's maps.
    That's ok, it works.

I find these maps "stranges"...
    Why do we have "+15" then "-6" and back "+3" in 3 consecutives cells ? 2250 2500 and 2750rpm
    Or from +24 at 3750 to -12 at 4750
    Or from +15 at 5% throttle to -5 at 10%
    There is corrections where the engine never goes 7500RPM for 10% throttle ? or 2250Rpm for 100% throttle !
    Both maps are quite identicals at 80% and 100% throttle ? (one is for stock exhaust and the other for wing without baffle, that can't be the same setting !)

Well I had exactly the same on my 510smr PC5. I finally endend making my own mapping and the result was much better.
    (Yes I tried to give the bike to the local dyno, he just printed the curves and said "everything is Okay"... no "fine tuning"...)

I've already modified those ones and I find it's much better, more "kick ass" feeling.

We should share our maps... (although rottweiler sells them...not fair...), it's easy to load, try, give feedbacks, and improve or adapt from a bike to another.
    Also, I have no idea of how the ignition map works ? Anybody does ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ald View Post

We should share our maps... (although rottweiler sells them...not fair...), it's easy to load, try, give feedbacks, and improve or adapt from a bike to another.
    Also, I have no idea of how the ignition map works ? Anybody does ?
    I agree. I just had my bike on the legendary mustang dyno with 5 gas analyzer yesterday. If your not familiar with it, this dyno loads your bike based on actual vehicle weight and aero drag coefficient. It was pretty crazy watching it happen. He tuned it to each rpm increment at full load. so he could be at full throttle/full load and the dyno would force the bike to stay at the target rpm. he did this throughout the entire rpm range, very lengthy process and not cheap.

one thing i did notice on the pcv maps from the stock one vs wings baffles removed one was NO IGNITION CHANGES?!?!

and all that crap that your talking about at the beginning of the rpm band was all eliminated in this tune.

I'd be happy to share.

Quote Originally Posted by antics View Post
    I agree. I just had my bike on the legendary mustang dyno with 5 gas analyzer yesterday. If your not familiar with it, this dyno loads your bike based on actual vehicle weight and aero drag coefficient. It was pretty crazy watching it happen. He tuned it to each rpm increment at full load. so he could be at full throttle/full load and the dyno would force the bike to stay at the target rpm. he did this throughout the entire rpm range, very lengthy process and not cheap.

one thing i did notice on the pcv maps from the stock one vs wings baffles removed one was NO IGNITION CHANGES?!?!

and all that crap that your talking about at the beginning of the rpm band was all eliminated in this tune.

I'd be happy to share.
    Cool !
    I'm currently "riding" my 2 modified curves...but just going to work, and back...
    I'll make more fine adjustements this WE
    ...And then we'll compare "Mustang" vs "empirical", interesting !

Ignitions curves are the same and ...I'm not sure, but I supect it to give strange behaviour when going from 2 to 4 (top end rpm at 80 and 100% throttle)
    I'll not mess with them before knowing a bit more...

I'd be happy to share.
    1. So you are saying the stock ignition timing can't be improved on?
    2. What air filter set up were you using?

Thanks
    "Illegitimi non carborundum "
    '17Husqvarna 701SM. KTMs-'06 450EXC '04 SX525 - Motard
    '96 Suzuki Bandit1200S - ATS (All The Sh*t)
    '08 YZ250F -MX raced so slowly, it's a sin
    '73 Honda Z50 minitrail - Road legal, Vintage, Cool

Quote Originally Posted by skypig View Post
    1. So you are saying the stock ignition timing can't be improved on?
    2. What air filter set up were you using?

Thanks
    1. Quite the opposite
    2. Stock airbox

1. Quite the opposite
    2. Stock airbox
    Unfortunately your info won't transfer to my set up - open air filter.
    With individual mapping for each plug, someone smarter than me needs to meddle with the ignition timing.

It will be interesting to see what the local dyno guy ends up with when I get a chance to get all the parts on my bike, and get to the dyno.

Default Timing

I believe they ended up with 2-4 degrees additional advance. 6 to "fill in a hole" from 8250-8750.

Advertisement
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12