SuperMoto Junkie banner

Help registering my DRZ400

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  AmishMan007 
#1 ·
Ok, I have a question. I live in Kansas where out of state vehicles have to have the VIN inspected before they can be registered. I recently bought a Suzuki DRZ400 that was previously registered in Oklahoma which I know is street legal since DRZ400 from the factory have all the needed accessories to be street legal. Well on the frame is a little plate that says "this bike is intended for off-road use". Well because the VIN inspection people who here aren't sheriffs like most places saw this they wrote on the inspection sheet that it was not registerable for street use making it so I am unable to register it in Kansas. I was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem, and how they went about registering their bike. I've heard of the who South Dakota deal, and if that is my last resort I would like to know it that would work given my current situation?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.