Compatible Hugger Front Fender for Honda CRF230M?

Thread: Compatible Hugger Front Fender for Honda CRF230M?

Default Compatible Hugger Front Fender for Honda CRF230M?

I have been going rather insane looking at how to convert my high dirt bike fender into a more sleek low or hugger fender. I have ordered the discontinued UFO Superbike low fender off ebay as a cop out, but I wanted to know if anyone has used something else or if a fender from another bike would work (i was looking at the Duke 690 ) . I have seen on the forums people that have altered some like the R9 to fit but that required a lot of cutting and hassle.

Here is a link to the conversion by Dave_in_Michigan:
    http://supermotojunkie.com/showthrea...r-on-your-sumo

Any advice would be awesome. This is my first bike and I am ready to dive in!

Advertisement

I put a UFO superbike front fender on KLR650 I use to have, it worked quite well and also helped to brace the front end somewhat. It was still on the bike when I sold it. I just bought a 230m about a week ago, I like the bike, it's easy to throw around and has a fairly good suspension. I just put an FMF exhaust system on and it has a noticeable bump in power. I don't think I going to mess with the jetting as it was slightly rich with the stock pipe and doesn't pop or anything and idles good. You really don't want to run any more jet size than needed. I have a C50 Suzuki and a FZ-09 Yamaha, but got the 230m to run the back roads and maybe some dirt riding, as far as I can tell this is just a crf230l with supermoto wheels on it, which is not bad at all. I have a set of Shinko 244 dual sport tires I looking to put on it after a while for trail riding. And yes it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow, like the FZ-09 which has about a hundred more hp than the 230m. But still this little bike is really a lot of fun to own!

I just bought my wife a 230l. If you want to dual sport more, I would trade you the 21/18 wheels for your 17's. That would lower it a bit for her.
    Super Tenere
    FJ09
    400 exc/sm

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by trustyrusty436 View Post
    I put a UFO superbike front fender on KLR650 I use to have, it worked quite well and also helped to brace the front end somewhat. It was still on the bike when I sold it. I just bought a 230m about a week ago, I like the bike, it's easy to throw around and has a fairly good suspension. I just put an FMF exhaust system on and it has a noticeable bump in power. I don't think I going to mess with the jetting as it was slightly rich with the stock pipe and doesn't pop or anything and idles good. You really don't want to run any more jet size than needed. I have a C50 Suzuki and a FZ-09 Yamaha, but got the 230m to run the back roads and maybe some dirt riding, as far as I can tell this is just a crf230l with supermoto wheels on it, which is not bad at all. I have a set of Shinko 244 dual sport tires I looking to put on it after a while for trail riding. And yes it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow, like the FZ-09 which has about a hundred more hp than the 230m. But still this little bike is really a lot of fun to own!
    Thanks for the exhaust tip. hopefully i can find something that wont break the bank. Right now with the stock exhaust it sounds like a little moped lol. As soon as I get the UFO low fender I will post a pic B-)
    Last edited by Rick_James; 11-29-2016 at 10:40 AM.

So looks mine:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_James View Post
    As soon as I get the UFO low fender I will post a pic B-)
    First post on SMJ. I registered just to post in this thread.
    I am highly interested to see some pictures and hear your report on how the UFO fender works out.
    I am in exactly the same boat as you. I picked up my CRF230m a few weeks ago. I found that Maier also makes a universal superbike front fender, but it's more expensive, and I don't think it necessarily looks any better than the UFO. I haven't ordered the UFO yet just because I couldn't find out what fork spacing it was designed for, or what size the clamps are that attach it to your fork legs.
    I also looked at other bike fenders, but even if you fabricated a bracket for one, you still don't have any mount points on the fork legs of the CRF, so you would also need clamps around the fork legs, which makes it essentially the same as the UFO, but with a ton more hassle.
    Any pics you can post, like what you get in the package, pic of the instruction sheet, pic of the installation in progress, the installed fender, pics of your cat, anything at all would be great!

Advertisement