SuperMoto Junkie banner

New here and to the sport.

474 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lloydstrans 
#1 ·
Hey all! My name is Eric. I am in Southern Colorado. Been on bikes for most of my life. I enjoy anything with two wheels. I've ridden trails, tracks, trials, street, etc. I am a very competitive, but never seriously competed. My parents always kept me outfitted with a dirt bike, but they didn't have time to truck me around to competitions. Now that I am much older, and more financially established. I have had fun taking my son riding where ever and when ever we can. I am also very fortunate to have acquired property behind my house, and am continiously imrpvong our track. Right now we have 1.8 miles of track. It is not full of huge jumps or super technical, but we have a lot of fun. I want to get into a new discipline, and I found Colorado Supermoto, and RM MiniGP. Both look like a lot of fun. The issue is I know nothing about Supermoto other than you put street tires on dirt bikes, and go for it. That's how I typically approach things. This time I have me, my son, and his friend that I need to get ready to ride and race. I can't just throw money at my bike, and learn by the school of hard knocks. I have three bikes and three people to get ready for next season. This time I need to get some advise, and do some planning, as three bikes would kill my budget doing it by trial and error. Please be ready for lots of questions, and I appreciate any help.

Thanks
Eric

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yeah, a little more than a set of wheels and tires. To be competitive you'll need brakes, big brakes. And at a minimum stiffer springs in the front. A complete suspension redo may be optimal albeit pricey for 3 steeds. Get your feet wet in the sport first, heck, try it on sportmans tires. Any way you'll be hooked. Sliders may be required at the tracks, along with the necessary gear.

#4 ·
It's going to be a long road to get everything ready. Fortunately both clubs seem really cool, so I can basically do sportsman class for all three bikes to start. Any suggestions for a rear tire on a 19 inch rear rim? I posted in the tech section, but all advice welcome!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.