SuperMoto Junkie banner

'05 SMxxx Models

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Nhuskys 
#1 ·
Just received the latest Cycle News, which lists all the '05 bike models for the US market. There are 4 Husky supermoto versions:

SM510R - 501cc, 241 lbs, Keihin FCR carb
SM610S - 576cc, 299 lbs. Mikuni BST carb
SM610 - 576cc, 280 lbs, Keihin FCR carb
SM630 - 633cc, 256 lbs, Keihin MX carb

The photos are pretty small, but both 610s have turn signals, left-side exhaust pipes, and the right-hand views show engine cases that look different than the SM630. The only 450s listed are TCs and TEs.

I've no idea how accurate any of this is, but I'm sure we'll all find out eventually.

#2 ·
I haven't seen it yet, but not sure it makes sense. Dealers have '05 SM450R's in stock and my dealer checked availibilty of '05 SMR630 and Rob Keith of Husky USA said they decided not to import it because of the Dollar/Euro exchange rate. They were not able to get the price down to a competitive level. I thought the 610 would have Keihin or Mikuni CV depending on the market, not two different versions. I would think that US would get Mikuni because of EPA/CARB emissions. The 610 has a top end similar to 630 and a bottom end similar to 510, but larger for street use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.