05 crf450r

Thread: 05 crf450r

Default 05 crf450r

My bike is a bitch to kick over and I just cleaned out the carb but it still struggles to kick start but if you bump start it, it will run fine. The carb was pretty nasty so I think I'm gonna buy the rebuild kit for it just so it's nice and fresh. I already need to replace one part and the kit is only 35$ anyway, plus I enjoy cleaning carbs anyway but any suggestions to help it start up easier. And the valves were recently adjusted before I got the bike so that shouldn't be the problem unless the people at the shop lied.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Definitely check the valve clearances as well.
    TM Racing....

Yes, check the valves. When I sold my FZR to a friend I dropped it off at a local shop for "all" fluids changed, tune up, check/adjust valves and synchronize the carbs (as I just installed a jet kit in the carbs and someone sucked all the mercury out of my carb sticks). Needless to say, only the oil was changed, the valve cover was removed so I assumed the did check the valves and it had new plugs in it. They knew it was being sold and just let stuff slide. They didn't realize I rode with the guy and would see my old bike all the time. Voiced my concerns to the store manager and have never darkened their doorway again.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Thanks. After I rebuild the carb I'll send it over to my shop that I go to because it seams like that probably happened

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Tapatalk

Good call, cheap insurance. I do stuff for people selling trucks all the time, and they do have a tendency to be cheap. They'll want me to put one gear in it and they tell the buyer it was rebuilt. I have no problem throwing the seller under the bus and showing the new owner the work order, after all he pushed me in front of the bus by inferring it was rebuilt and had a warranty.

Advertisement