fuel tank ?

Thread: fuel tank ?

Lightbulb fuel tank ?

You all with converted dirt bikes....Or all for that matter. Just wondering what size tank you run ? Pet cock with reserve? My tank is only 2 gal and a non reserve petcock...I am thinking I would like more fuel and a reserve petcock.....What are your thoughts?
    Thanks
    Jack

Advertisement

What bike has a 2 gal tank?

My WR450 has 2.6 US Gal tank.. 9.8L apparently.

Smallest tank I've ever had, but it goes far enough before hitting reserve for me.

Default Ktm

Bike is an 2007 505 sxf.............Most all is done but need tires and wheels. Was just thinking about fuel.
    Thanks
    Jack
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Action; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:45 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

When I got mine it was wearing a 18L tank, full. Didn't like the top heavy feeling, I know i didn't have to fill it up. Put the 9L tank on and was always searching for gas stations. Then I bought a 11L, aah, perfect. I have 3 petcocks, 1 is about an inch taller than the other 2. Totally scientifically using the utmost accurate gauges the taller one in the 18L tank netted about 4-5 maybe 6L of reserve. The shorter one in the 11L is more like 3L maybe 4L. About at 60 miles I have to start planning a fuel stop, I hate hitting reserve. Or a low fuel light in a car for that matter. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have seen the low fuel light come on in the last 20 years. This of course is excluding the old ladies cars. I,m surprised I never had to replace a burnt out low fuel light.

Default Gallons

Thanks....But I don't know liters......Im a gallon kind of guy.......and to old to try to learn the other.....LOL....
    Jack

The 18 is basically a 5 gallon tank. The 11 is basically a 3 gallon tank and the 9 is 2. With the taller petcock left me a gallon and a half or so. And the shorter one in the smaller tanks about a gallon. Roughly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Default Petcock

Thanks again.......Think I will get a reserve petcock and just run this tank for now.....I am sure I will want a little bigger tank later on. stock tank is 7.5L what ever that means....LOL.... Hope I can get at least 50 miles
    Jack

About 2 gallons. 35MPG you'll get around 40ish miles before reserve. Stay off the accelerator pump and stay in long left hand sweepers leaned over and you can stretch it out to about 60 or so.

2.2 without a reserve or anything. I keep track of mileage and peek in the tank once and a while. A bigger tank would be nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a 3 gallon for mine. One of my favorite loops is 120 miles and I'm not super thrilled with carrying a gallon of gas in the pack for the first 40 miles to make it happen.
    His, 2012 Yamaha WR450f Hers, 2010 Husky TE250.

I love my 3 gallon. The 5 gallon empty weighs as much as the full 3 gallon tank. And the 2 gallon sucks, lunch in Big Bear is like 3-4 gas stops, hell every ride is a 3-4 stop ride, always topping it off.

Thumbs up 3gal

I like the idea of a 3 gal tank.....I may have to put that on the list.
    Jack

There is always 525 tanks for sale on CL down here. Acerbis, stock etc. not sure if they are the same. I can check and keep an eye out. They typically want new price or antique price for them. Clear and orange.

Advertisement