SuperMoto Junkie banner
12K views 52 replies 10 participants last post by  dave ls1 
#1 ·
Looking for Supermoto riders located in or around North Carolina! We ride mostly around the Fort Bragg area. We've had rides going North to Raleigh, West to the mountains and East to ocean. If anyone is interested, I'm trying to build up a good community of Supermoto riders around here, Thank You! *Note: Youtube videos on all our rides (new addition)

#2 ·
Rider in WNC

Thats really cool man, its kinda hard to find other supermoto riders around here. I end up riding with mostly sport bike guys, trying to convert a few of them :D .
But anyways man let me know if you are ever in the area, we'll go tear up the twisties.

#6 ·
Yeah man I live in Maggie, and it's not a sumo rally or anything, it's mainly Cruisers and a few sport bikes but it's just cool seeing that many riders at one place at one time, and every now and again a group of Harley's will wave at me haha! Not much though.

#10 ·
That's a sweet bike man! I really like two smokes off road, I was thinking about getting one for my sumo setup but I found a 2008 Husaberg FE450e, it still gets dirtbike duty every now and again haha, and it gets up and goes pretty good still not the fastest thing out there either... If I had the 650 that might be a different story lol.

This is when I first got it.

And this is what it is now.

These are just some other pics

My friend Jacob rides the gixxer 600 in the pic, I've got him wanting a sumo now [emoji106]

And this was yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Hell yea... sweet bike as well! :thumbup:

Kinda funny, I was just up there at Waterrock Knob overlook last week, lol. A buddy (from the KDX forum) was out staying in Maggie Valley for a big Hayabusa meet they have every year, and we met up and rode a little bit. Parked just a couple spaces over from where you're at there, lol :lol:

#12 ·
Haha that's pretty cool man, what are the chances we parked in almost the exact spot. Water rock is only like 10-15 minutes from my place I go up there all the time, one of the best views in the area imo. And that pic below where you said "and a dual sport" was that up on Blacks Camp Gap road near the mason marker?

#17 ·
Yeah man when I was younger my friend Nathan and I went up there looking for the plane too, we didn't find it that time but he went back and found it. He said it was cool but super eerie. And those roads look awesome! Definitely have to slap on the knobby's again after camp is over [emoji106] and you could "accidentally" get some dirt on your tag before hitting the trails that go off road ;) There's some really good DS roads around here out towards Fines Creek/ Max Patch and there are a few in Maggie and Waynesville but I've had the police come out and stop me because someone called and said there were dirt bikes riding up there... which was kinda true but it's a legal one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Awesome..... Sounds like some great spots as well! I've heard about the max patch before but never been up there. I'll def have to get out there and check it out sometime ??

I'm wanting to get an extra set of stock wheels for my bike so I can keep some actual DS tires mounted. I hate running my dirt tires on the road cuz they burn up so quick

#21 ·
Just moved to WNC (NW of Asheville) and looking for a sumo. I've got my heart set of a 2012+ WR450F (because fuel injection) but haven't found the right one yet. Until then I ride my 2005 CBR600 F4i. I've ridden with thirdgenlxi on track in Florida but it was a long time ago. Hope you're doing well man!

#33 ·
Hell yea, sounds like a plan! Are either of y'all on FB? Or maybe exchange phone #'s..... Might make it a little easier to set something up. I'm always down for a dirt ride too! Actually prob gonna be doing a race this weekend if anybody cares to go (Pea Ridge in Union, SC with Mideast)

#37 ·
Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since I sent the record/title history search request to the DMV in order to start the plating process. Haven't heard anything back. All I have left to do on the bike is extend a couple wires and tidy it all up to be legal in any state. On the other hand it's been hot and I don't know how much riding I'm really missing out on :hmmm:

#50 ·
NWGA rider reporting in.

As my handle shows I lived in WNC for years before moving where I am now. I'm familiar with WNC, not everything, but lots of stuff. I'm within 1 hour of Deal's Gap...but that place is a zoo on the weekends now. I rode there twenty years ago before the internet made it the stuff of legend and a sporty tourist's destination. When people were getting killed at least once a day there, I checked out and went other places.

That was on street, now I've transitioned to dirt since there are so many texters and morons...the roads are paved with them. Put me in for a WNC group ride (especially offroad/USFS/fire road) and I'm down.

#51 ·
Hey guys, new sumo owner here with my newly converted and SD plated 2013 RMZ450. I'm in Wayne county, about an hour or so south east of Raleigh. Hoping to find some other sumo dudes to ride with! Let me know if anyone wants to set up a ride! I'm willing to load my bike up and drive where ever to meet up and ride seeing as we all know supermotos aren't the best at highway riding haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.