SuperMoto Junkie banner

Power Commander 3 Help for Husky 2009 SM-610

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  vivekjayasheel 
#1 ·
So someone said it'd be a good idea if I made a fresh post instead of hijacking a WR thread, LOL.

Does anyone have a nice PC-3 map for a 2009 Husqvarna SM-610?

1) Running a UNI pod filter
2) Running the stock exhaust due to noise regulations (I know a lot of people say that the biggest gains are to be made from the exhaust, but nothing can be done about that here)
3) Running a PC-3 module. The stock maps were too rich so I trimmed them a bit, but the bike is still nowhere as fast as she was even on the stock setup.

I emailed the Dynojet folks for a map and they said they do not want to risk sending me something that might not work for Indian fuel and weather conditions :hmmm: which is not much help as the bike anyway runs like shit now. There is also this non-responsive area in the 70 to 100% throttle zone that someone else mentioned earlier on this post.

I don't mind shelling out for a professional tune but there are no dynojet certified tuners in India. Don't want to take the bike to some noob who'll fuck it up.

See less See more
#2 ·
Update: So I was not able to find any PC3 (.DJM) files online. Thankfully my PC3 box came with one loaded, so I was able to use that as a template for a new one. The PC5 (.PVM) file for the 2009 model is very different (leaner) from the PC3 and PC5 ones for the 2008 model which is what I was mistakenly using earlier (no wonder the bike ran like shit).

The other difference between the PC3 and PC5 maps in general is in the app interfaces themselves. The PC3 app does not have a column for 15% throttle so if anyone wants to use PC5 map values on a PC3, they need to delete that column in an intermediary program (I used MS-Excel which worked fine).

Dynojet should have provided some kind of backward compatibility if they were going to use a different file extension for their newer software version. It is probably easy to load a .DJM file into the PC5 interface (not sure of this, since I don't have a PC5), but I was not able to find a convertor for .PVM files if someone wishes to use them in a PC3. A lot of people who don't have MS-Excel or don't know about the missing 15% throttle column will end up not being able to use the (better) .PVM maps or will end up using offset (incorrect) values.

Anyway, the issue has been resolved now, and the bike runs much better. No overheating, and good power. I also discovered that I was running a spark-plug that was one heat range cooler (Denso Iridium IU27D) than what was required, so I switched that out for an NGK CRE8 IX. To my knowledge, there is no iridium equivalent to the projected version of this plug (CPRE8).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.