SuperMoto Junkie banner

2011 Husaberg FS570 Clutch Adjustment

800 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Skully25 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all, school me on adjusting the clutch on my new to me FS570.

I recently picked it up from a trustworthy source who I believe is fairly mechanically inclined. It's been too cold to ride until recently (Canada), so I wasn't able to really test ride it when I bought it. Anyway, after riding around a little bit today, I noticed when you come to a stop and are in first, the bike still pulls ever so slightly with the clutch lever pulled in.

Upon inspection, it looks like there was contact cement or something holding the clutch adjustment screw that has come free. See pictures.

Is my fix as easy as turning this screw one way or the other until I get a little free play before the friction zone, then reapplying some contact cement to keep the screw from moving?

EDIT: The "contact cement" is automotive goop, used as an alternative to lock wire for use on track.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
it's just to set lever position. point of engagement will always be the same, cannot be adjusted. nor is there any free play to factor in because there are no cables involved, it's a hydraulic system.

the only thing you can do wrong is set the lever too close to the bars so when the lever's fully compressed the clutch isn't completely disengaged, but then you need to set the lever really close.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.