Front Brake Switch Install?

Thread: Front Brake Switch Install?

Default Front Brake Switch Install?

So I have some pictures and I just want to know how I would install a hydraulic brake switch on my front brake/master cylinder? I have no idea where the banjo bolt is on this front brake. Anybody know?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advertisement

Looks to me like instead of a banjo bolt, the brake line is fitted straight into the master.
    You could remove the hose fitting with the "062" on it, then would have to find a banjo end and a fitting to adapt the "062" onto the banjo fitting. Or some sort of combination of fittings to get to a standard banjo end where you could plumb in a brake switch

Quote Originally Posted by KojiKP2 View Post
    Looks to me like instead of a banjo bolt, the brake line is fitted straight into the master.
    You could remove the hose fitting with the "062" on it, then would have to find a banjo end and a fitting to adapt the "062" onto the banjo fitting. Or some sort of combination of fittings to get to a standard banjo end where you could plumb in a brake switch
    I want to make this bike street legal, do i need a front brake switch or can I just use the back brake?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Might depend on where you live. Here in WA I believe only one has to be wired to the brake light.
    I used to have both but now only rear as I switched front brake setups.

Check the underside of the master cylinder, see if it has revisions to mount a mechanical switch.

did you ever get any answers to your front/rear brake question ? I'm trying to get my 07' wr450 brake light set-up for street riding as well ?

Advertisement