2016 KTM 690 Enduro Supermoto Conversion Project

Thread: 2016 KTM 690 Enduro Supermoto Conversion Project

Default 2016 KTM 690 Enduro Supermoto Conversion Project

Here are a couple of pics of my 690 so far. Just got the Excel/Talon Sumo wheels on last night. New graphics and more parts to come.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advertisement

Nice bike.

Looks nice!

How did you get your front brake lines to clear the wheel? I routed mine around the front because I was scared of it rubbing on the rim.

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WTFShane View Post
    Looks nice!

How did you get your front brake lines to clear the wheel? I routed mine around the front because I was scared of it rubbing on the rim.
    At first I wrapped it on the outside but saw a couple other bikes had it on the inside so I checked and it clears. The cables are pretty close but they do clear they are lower than the tire so it just has squeeze by the rim.

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by lloydstrans View Post
    Nice bike.

Thank you👍

Default More updates

So I got my stickers from crispie designs, they look great except I picked the graphics for the older style smc. So I decided to just use the rear portion, lucky for me the previous owner just plastidipped over the original graphics up front. I also swapped out the ktm hand guards for some re-enforced acerbis guards. Still waiting on more parts, so I'll update as they come in. I also changed my speedo via all the helpful write ups I found on here.

What else do you have planned?

I just have bolt-ons on mine and a Wings slip on. I eventually want to change the plastics on it.

Default Plans

Quote Originally Posted by WTFShane View Post
    What else do you have planned?

I just have bolt-ons on mine and a Wings slip on. I eventually want to change the plastics on it.
    Mostly bolt on stuff right now, but I have a couple other ideas too. I figure I'll get the bolt on stuff done first. I do have a smc front fender coming and some exc fork guards coming. I figure I'll prob do all my performance mods at one time once I'm done making it look the way I want.

Default Flying 690

So I got my Wings Exhaust and Heat Shields yesterday, in addition to a couple other goodies. I will post more pics this weekend as I get things installed. Here is a pick or the nice little care package I got from Wings.

Default Weekend ad-ons

Got a few things put on this weekend including wings exhaust and heat shields, sliders front and back, new plastics (still waiting on graphics to arrive), lower temp thermostat, and off road abs dongle.

Default Couple more

Here are a couple more pics, I also have a steering dampener, power commander and Rottweiler intake on order. I think I focus on some suspension work next.

Default So this happened

FYI don't put your jacket on your bike and accodently leave your headlight on. Which brings me to my second question, does anybody know if I can buy the lens instead of the whole headlight? Thanks.

Default Rockymountain

I think you can get them from rocky mountain.......Seems I saw lens only. May be worth a look.
    Jack

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Action View Post
    I think you can get them from rocky mountain.......Seems I saw lens only. May be worth a look.
    Jack
    Thanks Jack, I ended up buying a new headlight anyway. I figure I can use the other one for off-road later.

Default Updates

So I have a couple of updates. I got my headlight swapped out from my little melting accident. I got my power commander v fro Rottweiler along with their intake and emissions delete dongle. So I got rid of the missions canisters and got the dongle plugged in, I also swapped the baffle out the louder one. I tried running the exhaust full open but it was pretty ridiculous for daily use. Here are a couple of pics below. I'm still waiting on my steering dampener and I'll be putting my graphics on this weekend so more pics to follow.

Advertisement