SuperMoto Junkie banner

KTM 660 SMC -04 problem

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Silver640 
#1 ·
Hello,

can anybody help me with my weird problem.

Bike idles well but revs hang when I give gas. I have cleaned carburetor recently.

Weird thing is decompression lever doesnt turn off the engine when I use it. I think it should? And decompressor is making clicking sound intermittently when engine is running.

Can sticking decompressor cause rev hang? Decompressor is clicking when I turn the engine over when starting and engine start well cold and hot.

#2 · (Edited)
I don't know if you ever figured this out. But some causes for your revs hanging are typically a vacuum leak (check your intake boots if you recently had the carb off/apart) or your bike is not jetted properly and running too lean. If your decompressor is clicking when the bike is running then your idle may be set too low.

I don't think the decompression lever will shut the bike down. If the bike is running I wouldn't touch it. The only time i ever use mine is when I'm kick starting the bike and trying to roll the engine to TDC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.