Help me out please. Virgin.

Thread: Help me out please. Virgin.

Default Help me out please. Virgin.

Good day Junkies,
    Need help and it advise if you please.
    I bought a Yamaha FZ 10 Super Naked and I've been contemplating getting a Supermoto.
    Looking at Husqvarna 701.
    The Fz 10 suspension is super stiff and I'm getting the snot kicked out of.
    Our road conditions are very average.
    I've always ridden sport bikes but at 49 lower back is not what it used to be.
    I actually found my BMW s1000rr a softer ride as my spine angle was not so vertical.
    I enjoy being a bit of a hooligan but at lower speeds.
    Feels like if I'm not going 150 km/h I'm not having fun. Just tired of looking over my shoulder as we also have photo radar.
    I love the wild side and versatility of a supermoto but never rode one.
    All advise would be appreciated.
    Ps did I mention I love to wheelie.
    Am I barking up the wrong tree?
    Thanks boys and girls
    Last edited by Petepuck; 1 Week Ago at 06:24 PM.

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Petepuck View Post
    Good day Junkies,
    Need help and it advise if you please.
    I bought a Yamaha FZ 10 Super Naked and I've been contemplating getting a Supermoto.
    Looking at Husqvarna 701.
    The Fz 10 suspension is super stiff and I'm getting the snot kicked out of.
    Our road conditions are very average.
    I've always ridden sport bikes but at 49 lower back is not what it used to be.
    I actually found my BMW s1000rr a softer ride as my spine angle was not so vertical.
    I enjoy being a bit of a hooligan but at lower speeds.
    Feels like if I'm not going 150 km/h I'm not having fun. Just tired of looking over my shoulder as we also have photo radar.
    I love the wild side and versatility of a supermoto but never rode one.
    All advise would be appreciated.
    Ps did I mention I love to wheelie.
    Am I barking up the wrong tree?
    Thanks boys and girls
    I'm 68, broke my back in 2008 racing Speedway, as well as a few other bones. My 1198 Ducati wears on my back. I bought a 701 Sumo in January and haven't ridden that Duc even once, since. Drop a tooth on the front sprocket and you'll be in heaven, buddy. I promise.
    Last edited by Ducandy; 1 Week Ago at 12:24 AM.
    2017 Husqvqrna 701 Supermoto Bought New
    1980 Jawa/GM 500 Speedway Bike Bought Used]
    2007 CRF150RB Sold to pay taxes
    2004 CRF100F Bought Used
    2009 Ducati 1198S Bought Used

Thanks Ducandy

Default Ok on back

I am on my second back surgery. 39 now and my first SM also.

Couldn't stand for 3 months, surgery about 6 months ago. Still can't exercise a ton to build back up core but I bought a 701 SM over the ADV I was planning as wasn't sure how long I could ride or do any ADV, also why didn't do the Enduro. Between all the rainy days have 1k on it so getting some riding in. I get more wore out stomping the city and dinking around but it's fun. If have some good twistiest and less stop and go is easier on my back anyways but everyone is different.

701 is pretty decent ride wise and on back, Seat sucks if ride a lot (there is a KTM upgrade but better be taller), can stand though as need to stretch out the back and arse for a few miles or over the rough stuff and not as awkward as a sportbike.

You'll find the shifting is a bit lack luster compared to any Japanese manufacturers (pull hard in the last gears or false neutrals) and mine randomly flames out but not sure if happens to everyone. So far everything else is solid. lots of break in shavings so change the oil early but well caught by dual screens and filters.

Anyways that's my experience. Would I buy again, not if new the tranny was not up to snuff and dies randomly. Fix those and great bike! At the price, those need to be great but are not.

Oh I bet if you dropped that front sprocket would be less work clutching up, might try that and swap if playing around, was planning on just adding two teeth to the rear or figuring out what exactly could do without changing the chain or running to the max adjustment.

- Cory

Quote Originally Posted by Aspired View Post
    I am on my second back surgery. 39 now and my first SM also.

Couldn't stand for 3 months, surgery about 6 months ago. Still can't exercise a ton to build back up core but I bought a 701 SM over the ADV I was planning as wasn't sure how long I could ride or do any ADV, also why didn't do the Enduro. Between all the rainy days have 1k on it so getting some riding in. I get more wore out stomping the city and dinking around but it's fun. If have some good twistiest and less stop and go is easier on my back anyways but everyone is different.

701 is pretty decent ride wise and on back, Seat sucks if ride a lot (there is a KTM upgrade but better be taller), can stand though as need to stretch out the back and arse for a few miles or over the rough stuff and not as awkward as a sportbike.

You'll find the shifting is a bit lack luster compared to any Japanese manufacturers (pull hard in the last gears or false neutrals) and mine randomly flames out but not sure if happens to everyone. So far everything else is solid. lots of break in shavings so change the oil early but well caught by dual screens and filters.

Anyways that's my experience. Would I buy again, not if new the tranny was not up to snuff and dies randomly. Fix those and great bike! At the price, those need to be great but are not.

Oh I bet if you dropped that front sprocket would be less work clutching up, might try that and swap if playing around, was planning on just adding two teeth to the rear or figuring out what exactly could do without changing the chain or running to the max adjustment.

- Cory
    Thanks Cory,
    For starters hope you feel better soon. Sorry to hear about your back issues. Thanks for the detailed and honest review. Much appreciated

Advertisement