Stock air box mod idea

Thread: Stock air box mod idea

Default Stock air box mod idea

Pretty sure I've read through every thread on the internet about air induction for 690's and I haven't came across this idea.
    Does anyone think by adding another K&N panel filter to the stock air box, it will flow as much air to be comparable to a pod filter with the correct velocity stack for mid range power.
    For one it would be easy to do, relatively cheap, no messing with new breathers, or sensor location etc.. just cut and mount another filter in the box.

If I can find a filter that will fit this spot I outlined in my pic, good idea or not???

KTM 690 SMC

Advertisement

Another option would be buying a universal square of foam filter from Uni or Twinair. Maybe a little more messy than a K&N but cheap and easy to cut to whatever size you want.
    2007 RXV550SM/2007 KTM 690SM
    NO REMORSE / NO REGRET Previous Supermotos: 2008 SM510R

Not a bad idea. I could open up even more of the box doing it that way. Would just be harder to secure it down compared to a panel filter. But my real question is does that seem like a good idea or would the box still not flow enough air. Looking for opinions
    KTM 690 SMC

Advertisement