SuperMoto Junkie banner

05 Sm450

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  husk-t 
#1 ·
I am strongly suggesting getting a 05 sm450 but I don't really know much about Husky's reliablity and how expinsive part are. I was also woundering how it matched up against other manufacturers? I'm hopping someone can help me. :hmmm:

#2 ·
So what are you planning on using it for? If your going to use it for street/semi track go for the SM510R .. Have the 450 and I have to truck it to the hills for some fun action. It’s really more of an attack bike rather than it’s mild mannered big brother SM610S. Just changed the jets on my 450 and even with a 16front 42rear sprocket setup can pop 2nd gear wheelies.. can't wait to track it that's for sure.. :arsenal ATTACK !

#3 ·
I'm on my third Husqvarna, presently an SMR 450, previously a TE410 and a TC610.

The things never broke down although the early ones (the 610 and 410) did have a dearth of dealers and aftermarket accessories.

The new one, the 450, is great. I love it. No reliability problems, and parts are easy to find as the aftermarket is now beginning to take notice that Husqvarna is back and serious about staying here. I'm thinking of buying another 450 for my race team. With a little bit of tweaking, the 450 can be made into a bike that can run with the best of the 450 SMR's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.