SuperMoto Junkie banner

Saw the new SM510R yesterday

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  michaeln 
#1 ·
White & red with the new plastic - lookes pretty cool, but I was surprised to see it didn't have a kickstarter. I seem to recall reading on the Husky website that the new models would have one, but my mechanic told me only the dirt models have kickstarters.

#2 ·
asg21 said:
White & red with the new plastic - lookes pretty cool, but I was surprised to see it didn't have a kickstarter. I seem to recall reading on the Husky website that the new models would have one, but my mechanic told me only the dirt models have kickstarters.
Husky claims the bike is coming with a kickstarter on their web site. 'Course nobody seems to know much about the bike.

BTW, you sure you saw a 510 and not a 450? The 450 looks just like the 510 and I've been told the 510s won't be here until March (I've a 510 on order).

#3 ·
510 ?

You might be right - my Cycle News recently said there wouldn't be any SM450Rs, just 510s. However, I'm positive it didn't have a kickstarter, and the mechanic said only the dirt bikess would.

#7 ·
It's going to be the same as the 450 it looks like. It'll have lights etc, but only barely. These are street bikes in Euro-land, so they are fully capable of street duty, but If your really wanting a "built for the street moto", then wait on their bigger 600, silver jobby. check out there site or this one for photos.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.