SuperMoto Junkie banner

Did I do the right thing??

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  SMR 
#1 ·
I just order one 04 smr instead of the 05 and saved a lot of money.
The money I saved will bee spend on upgrading the 04 motor to make more power. :arsenal
Was this the right thing to do?
Any complaints on the 04.
I have CRF's now but made the change to make some money back on contingency. :hmmm:

#2 ·
It's done now mate.
I ride an 04 everyday no probs so far. Just an oil leak from the rocker cover breather. Depending on the dollars you want to spend you can put the 510 crank in ($1100 aust dollars) you can also get a piston that will give you another 35cc's. 535 here we come!!
On another note Husky do a competition core that will rivet straight into you standard muffler. This apparently makes a big difference (I'm getting one in the next few weeks)
Hope this Helps you feel a little better now!! :D :thumbup:

#7 ·
I hope so because I'm going to pick up my 04 450SMR from L&D Race Tech in Astoria, OR tomorrow! I can't wait to get my paws on it, I'm having them set it up to be totally street legal and plated straight from the dealership.

:)

I already have a list of mods in mind... I want to replace the standard silver rims with black Excel rims and replace the rear 45 tooth sprocket with an anodized blue 42 tooth RK. I'm also considering installing the Husky factory jet kit which is supposed to make the thing even scarier.

:rofl:

#8 ·
kpracing said:
I just order one 04 smr instead of the 05 and saved a lot of money.
The money I saved will bee spend on upgrading the 04 motor to make more power. :arsenal
Was this the right thing to do?
Any complaints on the 04.
I have CRF's now but made the change to make some money back on contingency. :hmmm:
Of course you did the right thing. There is always going to be a new bike out there, and the 04 is far from old or slow. Enjoy the deal you got buying a new bike at a price that made you happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.