SuperMoto Junkie banner

Plastics interchangeable between SMR and TE/TC?

7K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Eric Landstrom 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if the plastics for the dirt model bikes would fit onto the SMR bikes, so if I wanted to change colours or something that would be an option.

Thanks!

#2 ·
The SMR plastic is the same as the TE/TC plastic. For the 04, the plastic from a 250/360 will also fit. Upgrading the 04 to 05 plastic would be expensive as it requires the 05 fuel tank.

vrecksler said:
I was just wondering if the plastics for the dirt model bikes would fit onto the SMR bikes, so if I wanted to change colours or something that would be an option.

Thanks!

#4 ·
vrecksler said:
Thanks! And where is a good place to buy plastics? I would like a black number plate for when I remove the headlight, but have never owned a non-Japanese bike before so I really am unsure of where to get Husqvarna parts.
Call Dan at Motoxotica - www.motoxotica.com

#5 ·
Going to the 05 would involve a new seat as well as the tank, and the subframe I heard is a little different. So it might not even be an option. Swapping to yellow and blue 04 colors on the other hand would be pretty cheap. I was thinking about doing just that.

#8 ·
i heard a rumour that your bike is closer today than it was yesterday and that your brother may have seen it by coincidence.

and i have to admit to being a bit envious! you guys got in on the bike after the price had been dropped a second time and trust me when i say the paperwork involved in getting it up here is a hassle worth paying and waiting for too. i haven't got mine done yet but it's in the works. ima procrastinator though, yours will be done soon.

maybe we should set a date for the "Inaugural BC Husqi Ride-out" and it will force me to get it plated by that time!

#9 ·
sliver, you are so right. My brother told me the story when he was paying duty for his MP3 player last night, he really liked the looks of the bike in person too (having only seen a factory picture on my computer) and it was kind of cool how he ran into Bill like that. :)

thrills had mentioned to me that your bike had not been completely done yet, so maybe we can find out when he plans on coming over to the mainland to pick up his bike and if mine is also ready we could get them all together for a little blast. :)

#10 ·
Ya ive also considered picking up the Yellow/blue 05 plastics.. One day down the road. vrecksler, im like you. I go nuts in the face of new toys!!

I am, however, also an Impatient bastard!! Im coming to get the bike on sat. I will worry about the street bit later on once the papers arrive. Too much stuff to do to it to wait around!! (my trip over also involves delivering a bike i have sold, so the deal is time dependant) Once i get the papers i'm DEFINITELY down for coming over for a Husky rip around town!!

Holly, have you geared yours yet? If so, you know anywhere i can get a sproket set locally?

#11 ·
huskysm450r said:
The SMR plastic is the same as the TE/TC plastic. For the 04, the plastic from a 250/360 will also fit. Upgrading the 04 to 05 plastic would be expensive as it requires the 05 fuel tank.
True but Clarke is making a larger tank for the '05s as we speak (wait two months before bugging them about it though). So if one where to get the '05 tank from Clarke and the '05 plastic and seat they'd be set. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.