SuperMoto Junkie banner

husky pics

1M views 4K replies 658 participants last post by  Rjay 
#1 ·
how about having a husky only pics where the owners can post up their rides and make them a sticky:D

#40 ·
siam said:
old photos
Sweet! Where'd you get the Italian flag graphics?
On another note, why do SM guys always put their foot out on corners? I know why on dirt, but is it just habit or is there some geometry effect on a SM on pavement? I'm not saying it's bad, I'm really just curious.
Oh yeah, can't you hold a cocktail & shoot a picture at the same time?:lol:

#41 ·
Loded

Putting foot/leg out transfers more weight to front of motorcycle. Gains are twofold, more weight on front tire = more traction. Also compresses fork, decreasing trail = quicker turning. In outer words, for the same reason it's done in the dirt. :headscrat

#743 ·
Below is an incorrect statement.

Having your leg in front of you does not transfer any weight forwards on the motorcycle. Simple engineering statics shows that all the weight is transferred in the only place supporting the weight. Aka the leg cannot transfer weight becuase it is in suspension. The weight from the rider is being transferred through the seat and the footpeg. The leg being held out does alter the c.g. of the bike and the rider assembly but only fractions.

Putting foot/leg out transfers more weight to front of motorcycle. Gains are twofold, more weight on front tire = more traction. Also compresses fork, decreasing trail = quicker turning. In outer words, for the same reason it's done in the dirt. :headscrat

#43 ·
Hoder said:
Sweet! Where'd you get the Italian flag graphics?
On another note, why do SM guys always put their foot out on corners? I know why on dirt, but is it just habit or is there some geometry effect on a SM on pavement? I'm not saying it's bad, I'm really just curious.
Oh yeah, can't you hold a cocktail & shoot a picture at the same time?:lol:
Ya can get the same graphics from Ferracci minus the SMRR swing arm decal .. I used to sell the kits but saving the last one for my next bike maybe?

#45 ·
Backnin said:
Thanks Backin, I've never owned a road bike & still a little paranoid on fast paved corners (I ride a TE not an SM) so I always weight the front in a panic (or a dirt corner where I need to hold the front & slide the rear) but try to hold rear traction & weight both on pavement. In dissadent's pics one shows cornering with knee drag & both feet on pegs, The others show foot out. Doesn't weighting the front cause the back to come out (too) sooner? Sport bike riders never take feet off the pegs but don't have a 37" seat & 12" suspension to suck up either.

#47 ·
firebreathingdog said:
Yes, I agree-especialy given the bike that you have...If you are serious I can help you, sadly- I am out of town and away from my bike for a bit, but if you can wait a month or 6 weeks at the most I will take proper digital photos and measurements for you.....

Hedges,

FBD
thats an offer i cant refuse:D .
will be looking forward to it.
thanks a million!!!!:thumbup:

#48 ·
You got it brother! I will revisit this thread the first week in Febuary and PM you. Have a relaxing & fruitful holidays. {just thinking...Maybe I could trace it as well, I'll pick up some transparent paper and give it a shot. Also I could take the swingarm off, go to Kinkos and put the fucking thing in the copy machine, scan the image and them email it....Alright, I'll take care of it-I've got to slap some new slicks on anyway so I might as well go all the way}

Be well,

FBD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.