YZ plastic on a WR??

Thread: YZ plastic on a WR??

Default YZ plastic on a WR??

Does anyone know if a complete plastic kit for an 03' YZ fit an 03' WR? I want to go with black plastic but it is only made for the YZ. I know the tank capacity is different but thats all I know.

Advertisement

I dont know about that man but THERE REALLY NEEDS TO BE A STICKY FOR (what parts YZ / WR are interchangable)...

* 05 YZ450 tail / rad shrouds / side panels / fork guards work on 06 WR450 (06 YZ doesnt)
    05 R1
    06 WR 450SM

The side panels and airbox are also different. The WR has a quick access side panel, the YZ does not. Front fender,rear fender, rad shrouds, and front# plate are all interchangable. Also a YZ tank and airbox will work on a WR, check eBay.
    ".....I came into the corner a little hot, and just ran out of talent." Travis Pastrana

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

When I said side panels I meant rear number plates..

05 YZ450 black Acerbis plastics on my 06 WR450..
    There are some simple cuts / tweeks that have to be done but its pretty simple..

05 R1
    06 WR 450SM

Anyone know if a tank from a '02 yz426 will fit an '01 wr426? My neighbor wants the stupid aftermarket enduro tank that is on my bike and I'd like to trade him for his stock tank if it will work out. I have a yz seat, so will it work? Thanks....
    '01 Yamaha WR 426 (plated)
    1967 Norton P-11 (not running, but someday)

Thread Jacker!!!! just kiding.....

Quote Originally Posted by FOZZ

There are some simple cuts / tweeks that have to be done but its pretty simple..

That thing is sick

very sweet bike!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FOZZ

Nice look'n bike!!!!

Well, that's it! I'm sold!!!! I've been thinking about putting black plastics on my '03 WR250F, but I wasn't sure if I'd like the blue frame with black plastics. But now after seeing it,,,,I'm all for it.

FOZZ, (or anyone else for that matter) do you know what year YZ plastics will fit my '03 WR250F? Is that a YZ tank on your bike in the pic? If I change to a YZ tank, would I have to get a YZ seat?
    '06 KTM560SMR Tagged/Legal Terror
    '01 Ducati 996 Mono
    '03 Yamaha WR250F

Quote Originally Posted by yzfedge100
    The side panels and airbox are also different. The WR has a quick access side panel, the YZ does not. Front fender,rear fender, rad shrouds, and front# plate are all interchangable. Also a YZ tank and airbox will work on a WR, check eBay.
    Are you sure the 03yz rad shrouds will fit on an 03 wr?

blkhalo996 - I dont know about that year sorry.. I had hell trying to find what fit mine.. Bought 06 YZ to fit my 06 WR & the stuff was way off but 05 worked great.. WR seems to be a year older different than YZ for most stuff..

THANKS
    05 R1
    06 WR 450SM

WOOOOOOOOW! love it!

Default i know this is an old thread BUT

thumpertalk has an entire list of what parts are interchangeable and which ones arent.

Quote Originally Posted by WRSumo450 View Post
    thumpertalk has an entire list of what parts are interchangeable and which ones arent.
    I've been looking around a bit but I'm not as familiar with thumpertalk and haven't been able to find it. Any chance you have a link to the list?

I have been looking for this list for days. I can't find it anywhere. I know it existed because I used it when I bought my bike last year.

Quote Originally Posted by WRSumo450 View Post
    I have been looking for this list for days. I can't find it anywhere. I know it existed because I used it when I bought my bike last year.
    Haha yeah I'm having no luck.

There's a few parts I'd like to know, especially off of the steel framed 450s. The wr450 tank on your bike is half a gallon bigger than the one on my 01. You should let me know someday if you're gonna pull your bike apart so I can come over and see if your tank/shrowds will fit on my frame. I'd love to get the extra tank range, plus the 03-06 bodywork looks a lot better. It seems like I'm getting about 48mph on my 426, if I got that 2.6gallon tank I could make it 100 miles between fill ups

You can cross reference part numbers from plastic companies like UFO- I do it alot when doing graphics for older models
    Its all about the Kustom!
    www.magiksc.com
    10 YZ 450F
    08 SM 450R- Building it my way
    Like our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magik...s/132906563520

I know none of the parts are a direct swap, but I'm really interested to find out which of the steel framed 450 body work will fit on to my 426. Are the frames basically the same? I know those parts wouldn't be on a list of swappable parts because they're not exactly the same, but I'm pretty sure I've seen 426s with 450 bodywork online before. I think the gas tank and radiator shrowds shouldn't be too difficult. I'm wondering if I could swap the seat/tail/sidepanels/airbox all together, or if that would require a whole new subframe for it to bolt up. Either way it looks like the mounting for the seat is the same so I'm thinking I can get a newer tank to work with my stock seat.

Advertisement