SuperMoto Junkie banner

Anybody with an '04 or '05 SM in Santa Fe, NM?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Eric Landstrom 
#1 ·
I emailed mototech.com to see if they've got a Husky application for their wheels and Jeff, the contact guy doesn't have a bike to protoype from.

#7 ·
Yes, I am the one who won it from Competition cycles in Grand Junction,CO

I am pretty excited about it. I tore my right foot off and just had too much of a problem starting my YZ426. I sold it and now own an electric start bike (as of wednesday or thursday when I pick it up).

I will get the kick starter while the gettin' is good. Did I understand they need a bike to develop some part?

If you know of any carbon fiber available for this bike, please get me the links, I want anything carbon fiber I can find. My main need is for a race bike, and I am also goibg to try to register it for street use. I have a p.o. box in Valencia Co. if Bernalillo says NO. I have been told it is not that hard to do.

Let me know anything you can about mods and replacement parts. I would like to shelve the stock exhaust header and muffler, all stock plastic, the tank, and the stock seat if you know of replacement stuff. I like to keep all the new stuff for later when I sell it.

#9 ·
I have my bike now, broke-in, ready to go

this thing is much faster than what I was thinking it would be. I babied it for the first day (9 hours or so of riding, 3 tanks of gas). The second day I was alittle more into it, and the third day, after a second oil change, I wound it up and was in disbelief about just how hard a single cyl. 4-stroker would pull.

I am a convert now, no more 2-strokers for me. I feel lucky to have the electric start, everyone at the riding area (journal pavillions) was also pretty impressed with my starter. I killed the bike a few times, and starting back up was a breeze.

I finally figured out how to start it also, 3-5 pumps of the throttle, start, then choke if cold. Never choke before start, never start without pumping throttle a few times, then starts right up every time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.