SuperMoto Junkie banner

Adding dual sport kit, do I need flashers and all that?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  vrecksler 
#1 ·
OK, so I am trying to add a few bits to my SM 450R to help me out in the unfortunate event of being involved with the police or worse, my insurance agent. :)

So I want to add turn signals and horn to add to the lights on my bike, but I am a little unfamiliar of what I need. So far I figured I need a couple of hydraulic brake switches and a left handlebar switch (other than the signals and horn themselves) but do I need flashers and things like that or is the bike already wired for all this?

I tried to identify all the wires on the harness, but my electrical diagram is in another language so I am not sure what connectors in the harness (and there are a few free ones right now) I can tap into.

Thanks!

#3 ·
Switch Description

vrecksler said:
OK, so I am trying to add a few bits to my SM 450R to help me out in the unfortunate event of being involved with the police or worse, my insurance agent. :)

So I want to add turn signals and horn to add to the lights on my bike, but I am a little unfamiliar of what I need. So far I figured I need a couple of hydraulic brake switches and a left handlebar switch (other than the signals and horn themselves) but do I need flashers and things like that or is the bike already wired for all this?

I tried to identify all the wires on the harness, but my electrical diagram is in another language so I am not sure what connectors in the harness (and there are a few free ones right now) I can tap into.

Thanks!
I responded to your email, but your inbox is apparently full.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.