SuperMoto Junkie banner

04 450 Wiring diagram (non-US) needed....

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  SuperRetard 
#1 ·
OK, looking at the wiring harness for the ECU there are 16 pins in use but on the US model it appears as if there are several that are not being used. My guess is that things like signal lights and horn are in there somewhere so I would like to tap the ECU when running my street legal bits.

Anyone have a non-US model that they do not mind posting up?

All I need is a description of what pin controls, which can be found on the wiring diagram. Or just post your diagram and I will figure it out, an AUS model would be perfect I think because they come with all the goodies.

Thanks! :)

#4 ·
what about the "enduro kit" described in the american sm450r owners manual. HAs anyone ever got that kit or know what it has in it?

I have seen several california bikes made for street, and Munroe motors actually sold one ready for the street brand new, I almost bought it, The did the same thing to a VOR and also a CCM. The Husky was that NOX model, and was over $20,000 at the time. A modern sm450r looks very close to that 20k bike, that is why I bought mine, that and I got it for $4500 new.

#5 ·
I can tell you about the endure kit 'cause I called HuskyUSA today. The Enduro kit is just the stock lighting, you want the "blinker kit." The trouble is that Husky doesn't have one part number for everything you need. Each part gets it own part number down to the screws. I'm in the process of trying to order it.

Anyway, Vrecksler, you've got a big, really big pdf file heading towards your email.

#6 ·
Vrecksler, your email didn't like the 43MB email I sent you. So I looked and looked and found the service manual online. But your PM is full so I couldn't PM you.

So now I'm on plan "C"

Go to this link: http://www.cagivausa.com/PDF/husqvarna/

Download the top secret '05 service manual. Look on page M4 in print form or page 454 in PDF form: You'll see a foreign electrical diagram with blinkers and everything.

BTW, have you determined what electrical connectors Husky uses? If so, clue me in. :thumbup:

#7 ·
Eric Landstrom said:
Vrecksler, your email didn't like the 43MB email I sent you. So I looked and looked and found the service manual online. But your PM is full so I couldn't PM you.

So now I'm on plan "C"

Go to this link: http://www.cagivausa.com/PDF/husqvarna/

Download the top secret '05 service manual. Look on page M4 in print form or page 454 in PDF form: You'll see a foreign electrical diagram with blinkers and everything.

BTW, have you determined what electrical connectors Husky uses? If so, clue me in. :thumbup:

Eric,
email it to me, and I'll put it up on my server. No more email worries. :thumbup:

#8 ·
I already have the parts manual, I have gone through that and I can find out what COLOUR wire does what, but on the diagram they do not say what pin on the ECU each colour is attached to. So on my harness, I have these blanks and I have no clue which does what. I took off the tank to try and back track the wires but there are a whole lot of them so I am still figuring it out.

I guess I could trial and error through them all as there are not too many but I thought there might be an easier way. As far as connectors are concerned, I am not sure yet, but will let you know if I find anything.

#9 ·
vrecksler said:
I already have the parts manual, I have gone through that and I can find out what COLOUR wire does what, but on the diagram they do not say what pin on the ECU each colour is attached to. So on my harness, I have these blanks and I have no clue which does what. I took off the tank to try and back track the wires but there are a whole lot of them so I am still figuring it out.

I guess I could trial and error through them all as there are not too many but I thought there might be an easier way. As far as connectors are concerned, I am not sure yet, but will let you know if I find anything.
In a former life, I was a master mechanic and I need to do the same thing on my bike. How this: we zero in on getting your brake lights working for now and when my bike shows up (in less than two weeks) we can start talking pin outs because I'll have more or less the same thing to look at on my end. The other alternative it to buy all of the Husky parts in the blinker kit and plug them into the existing harness (I'm looking at how much this is going to cost right now but I'm waiting for my dealer to get back to me with prices).

That or you can shoot some photos and email them to me and by process of elimination, I can see what wire must go where through a process of eleimination.

#11 ·
Sounds good Eric. :)

I will get my headlight going this weekend, then next weekend I should have my brake and signal lights. I did not want to go with the stock Euro kit because I want to keep everything low profile and non obtrusive. I really like the simple, clean look of the Husky and really do not want to add massive blinkers and stuff like that if I can help it.

However, let me know what kind of prices you are quoted because I might be intereseted in just buying all of the harnesses and attach my own lights. :)

#14 ·
I can help pay for shipping if you order 2 of everything

I need exactly what you need, so if you want to order together, when it all gets figured out, I will pay all of the shipping for the work you have done getting the part numbers. Apparently, the U.S. Husky dealers have a hard time getting these parts (5 months wait, or maybe that was B.S.).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.