SuperMoto Junkie banner

07 450 sm

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  tallboy350 
#1 ·
Gas Gas ,Thinking about buying one for my girl to ride . Any dealers or people that can get a good price ? I would like her to ride along side me on my husaberg. If she was tall enough I would already have another berg . Looking @ the 450

#3 ·
I'll respond. I'm interested on the '07 myself just to see what would be different from my '04. Is there a local dealer near you?

I went with the Gas Gas as it was the one I fit the best on seeing as I'm around 5' 7" with around a 28" inseam. I can touch ground just fine and it's got plenty of power. I'd read through DRZDemon's posts as he has described many of the same problems that I've run into as well. In my opinion they've all seemed minor at most and haven't been enough to spoil the fun I've had with this bike.

Parts aren't as hard to find as everyone makes it out to be.

www.gofasters.com

#6 ·
I have an '03 fse450 non SM, and I love it! It's had all the common problems worked out of it. It's a little tough to kickstart since it has the "automatic compression release" but it works fine for when I use the electric start. The other thing I'd say about mine at least is you better be somewhat taller. I'm 6'2'' 250# and its a tall bike. But then again I have the 03 with 21'' front and 18'' rear. I know the SMs are shorter just like Enemy Zero was saying. If you go the DRZ route, lowering links which lower it about 2'' are available. I know they are often on Ebay, but I'm sure your local store has them as well. The other thing is that my bike is a lot faster than my friend's drz, so I'd take into consideration how much power your gf can handle and how much experience she has as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.