SuperMoto Junkie banner

The New Husqvarna 2005 (photo inside)

6K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  huskysm450r 
#1 ·

Very, very nice :clap:

See less See more
#6 ·
asg21 said:
I've heard there'll be a TE510, but an SM510R seems kind of odd since the class displacement limit is 450cc.
There is a pic of the SM510R at www.husqvarna.it In the rest of the world outside of the USA, the premier class in SM is the open class, where bikes such as the 660 KTM and the big 630/670 Huskies rule.

#9 ·
I saw an SMR 630 Eddy Seel Replica at the Supermoto race in Nashville. I was drooling all over it :lol:

#12 ·
JoeKher said:
I love the new husky :clap: ! but as we all know if you buy an Italian bike you better have a good dealer. The new dealer here in detroit sucks! he's a complete scam! so i can't even consider a husk! :headshake
The new husky engines are so easy to work on, who needs a dealer for other than parts? You can get parts over the net, from www.motoxotica.com in Cal., or Hall's Husqvarna back east. No problem. In fact, Dan at Motoxotica has in stock many of the consumable parts that a husky owner might need, and then some. Except for some valve recession problems on the 04 250's, the engines are pretty reliable. Looks like they've made a number of improvements for 05 so the few problems with the 04s should be done with.

#17 ·
#20 ·
siam said:
so what are the common Husky 04 issues? were all of them prone to this valve recession problem?
baller said:
How much maintenance does an smr450 require that's used mainly on the street.

I haven't had any valve problems yet with my 04 SMR, although I've heard of a few RE450 owners who have had some problems. The valve problems seem more prevalent on the 250.

As far as maintenance, I check my valve clearances every 3rd oil change and I change oil every 8 hours of operation. Very simple to work on. I also try not to rev above 9800rpm, aside from short bursts. Hopefully I won't have any problems beyond normal wear.

Husqvarna seems to have made a number of improvements with the 05 model. They changed over to valves with larger diameter stems, programmable ignition, and FCR Carb, among other things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.