SuperMoto Junkie banner

The SM510Rs are in country.

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Eric Landstrom 
#1 ·
#4 ·
siam said:
have to ask them a certain way really. They don't want to get a Fat fine from the .gov ya know
Scary that Husky doesn't tell their dealers what is on the certificate of origin when you know that this question will come up with every Husky sold. Clearly the '04s are not a problem and likely the '05s will not be a problem either but I prefaced ordering my SM510R by saying no deal if it can't get a plate. Anyway, I will share what is up with the '05 maybe as soon as this Friday.

#6 ·
I live in Pennsylvania and headed to Ferracci to buy an 04 SM450R. The sales person wouldn't offer me any help when I asked about requirements for making the bike street legal. He acted like I was trying to buy heroine or something. As I've bought three bikes from Ferracci in the past, I vowed not to buy anything from them again after getting the cold shoulder.

I ended up buying my bike from Central Jersey Cycles (the owner Bob is a great person to deal with), who had already converted all of their Motards for street use. Then had to get the bike titled and plated in PA.

Anyway, I don't think you'll have any real problems in most states. Hope it works out for you.

#7 ·
weird - they were very helpful when i called, said they could add the street kit for a fee but had no idea what the mso said. they said the bike would be probably 400 less than list (but didn't indicate if there were setup/freight charges).

sounds like i should give cjc a call.......

#9 ·
zracer196 said:
Eric,

Are they here yet!!!!!!!

Let me know when you know!

Thanks!
Nope. I thought I was going to be picking it up today but now we're looking at Monday or Tuesday. It wasn't a wash though as I got my ZX-9R tuned up in the garage and ready to ride.

Anyway, Paul told me he's getting five SM510Rs in so stock will be good.

The downside: Paul suspects that creativity will be needed to get the bikes plated. Something about label printers.... I think the plan is figuring out how we do it with my bike so it is easy for everybody else.

Paul also told me that he plans to sell 140 Huskys this year which will make his shop the number one volume Husky shop in the country. Meaning: best deals on Huskys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.