SuperMoto Junkie banner

Bottomed Out The Husky For The First Time Yesterday....

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  SuperRetard 
#1 ·
After taking a jump at 40mph or so, and about 15-18ft of air, the tire came up and hit the muffler. My bike has dunlop tires from the factory (or at least from the dealership). I am wondering if the tire on the back is a hair too wide; anyone else have this happen?

One thing for sure, this isn't a TC450.

Also, I have a chance for a new 2004 TC450 for $4500 delivered to your house if anyone is interested.

#3 ·
SuperRetard, you should look at this post by SMR as it has a lot of great things in it that deal with the last few questions you have had, including this one. :)

As Sliver mentioned, you need to go get some extra rubber washers and move the pipe a little further out. It is pretty obvious that contact will be made if you look at the bike from the rear, it needs about a 2 cm shift to the right.

#4 ·
sliver said:
yep, pipe should be shim'd out. i have rubber all over the inside of mine. did you actually bottom it out though? or just rubbed the exhaust?
I didn't bottom out, but hit fairly hard, my wrist hurt the rest of the day, but gone today. I would bet that the side-wall on this American tire is different and if it had those Pirelli Dragon's on it it might not happen. Husky is a pretty high tech company to design that in, at least in my experience.

I also ate total shit for the first time on this bike today, it didn't hurt the bike at all. I blasted out of a burm and it just started fishtailing a little too much, I got off the gas a little too much, and buried the front wheel in some sand. I would have powered out on a mx bike, but that street front wheel takes getting used to. It definitely makes you a better rider, riding this bike on an MX track, even though my back is still a little sore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.