SuperMoto Junkie banner

Metal Shavings In Oil ? ? ?

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SuperRetard 
#1 ·
I had some significant shavings in my oil the first two times I changed it, some needle shavings and several tiny flakes. I have 4 oil changes total, and now have little to no more shavings on the magnetic plug. Did anyone else have this in the beginning?

The bike seems perfect to me still. The shavings were so small they were impossible to get off of the magnet without a 150lb air gun, but still, It seemed significant.

#4 ·
I did my first oil change at like 60 miles and the oil was already turning black and there were plenty of shavings in the oil filter screens. Kinda weird to me at first too, especially since the oil was black at 60 miles, but that's okay I have dinosaur juice in there now. After I changed the oil the bike ran better. No seriously! Started right up, which it never did before.

#5 ·
My hard starting ceased after oil change number 2

My first change was when I brought it home, I just don't trust other people, but after my second, the hard starting was over. I DID learn how to start it right up, which I could not do at first, but it was still easier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.