SuperMoto Junkie banner

Headlight

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  flash 
#1 ·
I ride my SMR450 to work and now here in OZ it's getting dark earlier and light later. Problem is that if I got a cigarette lighter and lit my farts it would be brighter than my headlight. Is there an option to replace the insert or do I have to go for another full light assembly? :headscrat
Does anyone have a recomendation?

#5 ·
Beans we don't eat bean we eat Kangaroos, but they eat grass :headscrat

Siam they are the ones where can I get some :thumbup:

Now any serious ideas I really need a light, I hit a wombat and used it as a whoop tonight, I was lucky to stay on!
You could say that I could have lit some solid fuel after that :laughingr

#6 ·
doesn't seem to hard

It seems to me that the bulb base is certainly a wierd size, I have never seen anything like it. The way that the bulb is held in the headlight, it seems you could get any number of halogen automotive bulbs that would work in there, and 12v is 12v. The hole in the lens cavity seems big enough for a forest fire in there, so overheating is no issue (unless it does, then I didn't say that).

Here is a photo of what it looks like taken apart.

you could even make a base for it from resin and a dremel tool for a car-bulb. You might could get one of those 1-trillion candle power lights, they make a few different ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.