SuperMoto Junkie banner

Rookie Question: Does A Slipper Clutch.....

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SuperRetard 
#1 ·
inhibit you from push-starting the bike? Also, I have 2 kickstart kits (the dealer gave me 2 for some reason) if somebody needs one, it is still in the little bag all sealed up.

#4 ·
I have to make sure I have everything I need first.

I did not get an actual kickstarter lever, I only have the stuff in the little bag. Here is a picture of what I have, all of it.

See, no kick lever. I also think my bike was supposed to have a skid plate and case guards, which it does not (only paid $4500, new delivered 800 miles).

It was pretty obvious to me, since several of the employees talked about just how kick-ass this bike rode, I got the idea it was the dealership toy on those slow winter days. The stuff in the bag on the left is the same as the bag I un-did.

#5 ·
The 05 kick starter kit is different than the 04... it has been up-dated. I think the 05 kit will fit the 04. The up-dated kit has a large spring ( big around as a golf ball) in it.
I paid almost 300 dollars at the dealer.
Also, I think they make an up-date kit for the 04 , which the small bag might be. It looks like it might have the spring in there. It's in the manuals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.