SuperMoto Junkie banner

Street Legal Sm450r - Easiest Thing I Ever Did....

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SuperRetard 
#1 ·
I went down to the MVD, got a number waited, gave my MSO to the clerk with the bill of sale and the Receipt. She asked "how much did you pay $6899.00 or $4500?", I said $4500.

She said "they left off the mileage, do you know the mileage?"

I said, "yes, it is zero miles, it is a new bike"

She said "one year or two years registration?"

I said "two please"

She said "$179.40 please, here is your tag, registration, and this blue copy goes to the finance company, it is their receipt that the lien was recorded"

I said "thank you", I thought there was going to be an inspection or something.

The MSO from Cagiva just doesn't say "OFF-ROAD USE ONLY" like the one my cr125 has, it says it on the background if it is a bad one, mine had 3 section for ENDURO/STREET Motorcycles, but none of it was checked or anything.

See less See more
#3 ·
Do you have an 05'?

One more question...(I am about to buy an 05' 510...It is kind of difficult here in Florida...Can you scan and post a copy of the MSO (if you have it?)? Of course block out any of it you don't want seen...

Thanks in advance!

#5 ·
sliver said:
you bastid!

Easy Sliver, it may have taken you a bit longer to get the same thing but you can probably appreciate it a lot more due to your struggles.

Me, I have to have an inspection done before I get plates but from what I hear the inspection is not very intense; they look at the bike and maybe check the VIN, then stamp the bike and I can get plates. I hope it is that easy at least, still waiting for papers though.

#6 ·
The MSO had to have been a normal Cagiva-supplied document. They have to be all the same, it is tan in color with brown text, and Cagiva logos in several places. I had to give it to them when I got the title, so I don't have it, but again, they have to be all the same.

When I get my dirt bike (monday) I will bet it will look the same (it is a 2004 Husky cr125) except it will say "OFFROAD USE ONLY" in light letters, large, on the background of the document.

If you have an MSO and a NM drivers license, which is pretty easy to get, you can get your tag without any issues. Some states like california, check bikes that come into the state, but then the requirements are way less.

Mine is an '04, but they are identical I think except the plastic and diplacement (04 450 is 449cc)

#7 ·
The MSO had to have been a normal Cagiva-supplied document. They have to be all the same, it is tan in color with brown text, and Cagiva logos in several places. I had to give it to them when I got the title, so I don't have it, but again, they have to be all the same.

When I get my dirt bike (monday) I will bet it will look the same (it is a 2004 Husky cr125) except it will say "OFFROAD USE ONLY" in light letters, large, on the background of the document.

If you have an MSO and a NM drivers license, which is pretty easy to get, you can get your tag without any issues. Some states like california, check bikes that come into the state, but then the requirements are way less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.