SuperMoto Junkie banner

crf 450 bogging on the bottom :(

21K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  Ryan Moore 
#1 ·
I have already crashed 3 times because of it, as soon as I crack the throttle off idle, it boggs out, if I roll it on slow, it works, but in circle combos and sit down one handed circle wheelies I need to just bump the throttle off the idle, and the eingine dies. I took the bowl off the carb and blew everything out, hoping it was just a dirt particle in the pilot or something, but it still does it. I also took what looks like a throttle pump apart, on the bottom of the bowl, no dirt in there though. Does anyone have any other ideas, I'm not sure where to look next. Thanks for the help! My Aprilia has been down for almost 2 weeks now because the oil fill plug came out, so I can't ride anything, and its killin me!

#27 ·
I just changed the coil, checked the stator ( ohm meter says its good ) and changed the cdi box and whent over the cam chain timing 4 more times, it still wont run. I pushed it down a hill and pop the clutch and the motor just tunrs over, then gives me a loud pop out the exhuast. This bike is killin me right now. I am out of things to check and try.

#28 ·
Ryan Moore said:
I just changed the coil, checked the stator ( ohm meter says its good ) and changed the cdi box and whent over the cam chain timing 4 more times, it still wont run. I pushed it down a hill and pop the clutch and the motor just tunrs over, then gives me a loud pop out the exhuast. This bike is killin me right now. I am out of things to check and try.
damn... I know how you feel. I've been stumped like this before. I don't really know what else it could be. Seems like you have checked over every possibility.
You know what though, once you finally figure out the problem yourself you will feel absolutely estatic ....

or feel like a total idiot because it was something ubersimple that was overlooked.

Hopefully a solution presents itself. If not, we'll keep trying.

#32 ·
I knew it had to be your stator...... Glad to hear your rollin again. I think Kwota might be on to something w/ those fans. Be carful, dont want to blow another one. What kinda of coolint are u running? I use the engine ice in all my bikes. I have a temp gauge for my oil fill cap on my 03 CRF450 and it always runns 20 to 40 degrees cooler than it used to. But I also have fluidine radiators and a boison high flow water pump. Because, I put in stainless steel valves, Heavy duty springs and a JE 12.5:1 high compression piston with a bulit high lift WEB cam. Granted it is always in the dirt. But I run the shit out of it and it never heats up at all. Good luck, and see ya in the next vid!!!!!:thumbup:

#33 ·
rippon said:
I knew it had to be your stator...... Glad to hear your rollin again. I think Kwota might be on to something w/ those fans. Be carful, dont want to blow another one. What kinda of coolint are u running? I use the engine ice in all my bikes. I have a temp gauge for my oil fill cap on my 03 CRF450 and it always runns 20 to 40 degrees cooler than it used to. But I also have fluidine radiators and a boison high flow water pump. Because, I put in stainless steel valves, Heavy duty springs and a JE 12.5:1 high compression piston with a bulit high lift WEB cam. Granted it is always in the dirt. But I run the shit out of it and it never heats up at all. Good luck, and see ya in the next vid!!!!!:thumbup:

It looks like the magnet cracked inside the flywheel, not sure how or what caused it yet, but my setup is supposed to run my fans with no problem. It worked for about 3 months. I gotta figure out what cuased the magnet to crack before it happens again. To many rev limiter coasters maybe. I use coolaid in my bike, ever since I put the fans on it has worked great, from slow circle combos to burnout combos, no more coolant blowin out all the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.