CRF150R reliability-owners please chime in

Thread: CRF150R reliability-owners please chime in

Talking CRF150R reliability-owners please chime in

I am going to be picking up a slightly used 150 in a couple weeks and hope to eventually get out racing it, but am new to 4 pokes and based on what I've seen and heard about them (specifically the 150R) not lasting too long am a bit nervous. Aside from the cam issue being taken care of by Honda (this one wasn't replaced), are there issues any of you with them have run into and found solutions for that might give us some peace of mind? Have any of you had any luck running them in endurance events or just run them for extended periods yet with or without problems? Any tips would be appreciated. Also, I saw a couple different posts about the cam recall. One said it was limited, another later post suggested all were recalled. Does anyone have a definitive answer there, and as a second owner will I be able to get it fixed when it breaks?

Thanks all, GREAT site!!

Sparks

Advertisement

i've only had mine a few weeks. i got it used with about 10 hrs on it. i have at least 8 hours on it. i have been racing mine and generally beating the piss out of it and it has come back for more. so far no issues at all. mine has the stock cam and is scheduled to get it replaced once the parts come in. (Aug/Sept? WTF Honda?)
    i plan on riding mine as God and Schirio Honda intended it to be ridden until the parts come or it pops. either way Honda is fixing it.
    not all 150R's are effected. later models have the updated cam. the Honda dealer will have the effected VIN's. the previous owner received a recall notice wich he gave to me. i brought that to my dealer and they ordered the parts. no fuss, no muss.
    it is 1 fast little bike. can't wait to race it again.

2nd place National VET Champion!!! (HA-HA)
    CRF150F's for all seasons
    www.fuelmotousa.com
    www.northwoodsgp.com

Thanks. What does Honda do if the cam chunks and destroys other expensive parts on it's way to pieces? Do they also cover whatever else breaks?

5. Remove Advertisements
    SuperMotoJunkie.com
    Advertisements

We have been racing two of them this year. 1 has been being raced since Feb.; the other is newer. Both have been excellent bikes, no problems. Just make sure to change your oil frequently and check your valve clearances often. These bikes are great! Honda knocked this first year bike out of the park! In fact, they hardly made any changes to the 08 models.

Make sure that your bike has the updated cam and "GO RIDE"

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by 0sparky0
    Thanks. What does Honda do if the cam chunks and destroys other expensive parts on it's way to pieces? Do they also cover whatever else breaks?
    i have been told by my dealer that they will fix whatever breaks due to failure of the cam.
    2nd place National VET Champion!!! (HA-HA)
    CRF150F's for all seasons
    www.fuelmotousa.com
    www.northwoodsgp.com

Advertisement