SuperMoto Junkie banner

610 mod database (relevant posts only)

358K views 779 replies 161 participants last post by  Ald 
#1 ·
Here's a chance for us to list all the modifications to the 610 both major and minor for helping when doing our own wrenching and to make suggestions for better engineering. Let's add pics when possible and please don't hijack this thread with beer consumption, tail chasing, hooligan stories....keep those where they belong in the "Lobby". That way we can keep this simple, use less bandwidth and make referencing a whole lot easier.

#714 ·
:anim_peep:
I'm always lurking the Husky section even though I don't have my Husky anymore.

Don't hate me fellas I went Orange .......I drank the cool aid and it tasted great! Been sinking everything into my 450 race bike. Great to see this thread still alive and I always enjoy the updates and the amazing ingenuity 610 owners have .....and are forced to have with a total lack of aftermarket parts love.

Keep up the good work......and I try and help here if I can.

Ps sorry for the sidetrack back to the ingenuity.

#718 ·
Hey i jux installed a full ti leo vince exhaust.... From what i know is that i need to put in a power up kit but there's another way of it by putting a 2.2kohm resistor in some place.... Those who have done this place help me in a step by step with pics about putting the 2.2k ohm resistor.... I have browse all pages but the pics are all not in...thanksss....

#723 ·
YES. I have had one fitted for all the time I've had my SM610. (All but a couple of weeks that is). The improvement is brilliant and a lot better than the standard fuel sapping, environmentalist's arse licking set up.

Throttle response is much, much better. it ticks over much smoother and more consistent. Until I fitted one of these oxygen sensor eliminators, I didn't realise how crap the standard factory fuel injected SM610 set up was.

Buy one. You will not regret it, believe me, I know! :thumbup:

I don't know what else you've done to yours, but I would also recommend getting rid of the catalytic converter equipped silencer.

Attachments

#724 ·
Just got over e phone by my mech and he say he has e plug in store but then i have to get the screw cap on e mid pipe also which he say will cost me a big price just for the cap.... I just installed e full ti leo vince wit carbon endcap.... Im just left with e 02 sensor and pc5 and autotune for power, slipper clutch and coolant hoses.... So far all are easy to get except for e coolant hoses which i think is quite x for just e coolant hoses.... I jux wanna do the bike for track and commuting and also some fun rides....

#727 ·
From wat i read e flickering is due to e fuel pump but my fuel pump is kinda ok cos everytime i turn e key e fuel pump is making e normal noise but some of them say must check the fuse whether it is broken or not well mayb i jux bring e bike to e shop for a check up....

#729 ·
Markmc90, what is your weight with full gear? I'm ~220lbs with full gear and notice the same thing, but there's little you can do when the bike is not sprung for your weight...

Have you tried to set the sag? Search this forum and do it - if you can't set the sag right then you need new springs in the front and rear.

#731 ·
So. this is what I did to mine this winter (it was bone stock):

Probend handguards - great fit without having to cut the lever balls, but you do have to drill the bars. I did have to flip and remount the turn signals.

BRP chain guide - it is built much better than the stock one.

BMP case saver - maybe an overkill but I like it.

SME sliders - front, back and bar ends.

41T rear sprocket - had to cut the chain by one link but now I can cruise at 80 mph in mid 6th.

Uptite skid plate - it is pricey but worth the money...it is a freaking piece of art and it fits like a glove.

Uptite carb vent filter.

Two universal DRC heat shields from Magic Racing - the upper tab on my stock heat shield broke and I had to do something. The two DRCs are nice but the bottom of the pipe was still exposed and the heal of my boot could have touched it, so I added the black exhaust wrap to that section only and solved the problem.

#733 ·
Two universal DRC heat shields from Magic Racing - the upper tab on my stock heat shield broke and I had to do something. The two DRCs are nice but the bottom of the pipe was still exposed and the heal of my boot could have touched it, so I added the black exhaust wrap to that section only and solved the problem.
I'm really liking those two heat shields! :clap:

#738 ·
A few people had asked me about part numbers.

BRP chain guide (black) from Hall's Cycles - (part #CGD-9220B)
SM610 Billet Case Saver( 2006 07 08 09) from Bill's Motorcycle Plus)
the handguards were from cycra.com
1CYC-1115-12 Low Profile Enduro Handshields, Plastic: Black:
1CYC-7500-12 Probend Bar Pack w/Black Enduro Handshields, (no clamps):
1CYC-1151-02 U Clamp Set: Standard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.