SuperMoto Junkie banner

610 mod database (relevant posts only)

358K views 779 replies 161 participants last post by  Ald 
#1 ·
Here's a chance for us to list all the modifications to the 610 both major and minor for helping when doing our own wrenching and to make suggestions for better engineering. Let's add pics when possible and please don't hijack this thread with beer consumption, tail chasing, hooligan stories....keep those where they belong in the "Lobby". That way we can keep this simple, use less bandwidth and make referencing a whole lot easier.

#404 ·
HandleGuard and Handle Bar SM 610

:hmmm: Did any one already replace Handle bars on the SM 610 ? :hmmm:
Which one are you using ? Any carbon fiber one? :headscrat

Which handleguards are you all using ?? Need to driller the stock bar?Which other mods?

What's best ??

:headscrat

#408 ·
I had to use a drill bit to widen the holes for the hand guard inserts and I bought a set of Renthall 1 1/8 clamps as mine only had 7/8's bars stock.

Other than that it's all golden and I love the bend and look of them. Kermaxx is a really good company and the owner reads this site pretty religiously.

Here's a picture with the mounts and handguards on.

#409 · (Edited)
:bowdown:
Great Great !!! Yeap! I saw Mr.Kermaxx statment :rant:
Nice attitud caming here to defend the companies name!!

Which hand guards, brakes/clutch levers are you using??

Lukerlou, which mirror are you using?
Any special reasons to replace brake oil cup? Beyond than make your controls really nice !! Any chance for more pictures !! :thumbup:

Is that a shift light !!?!!

#410 ·
:bowdown:
Great Great !!! Yeap! I saw Mr.Kermaxx statment :rant:
Nice attitud caming here to defend the companies name!!

Which hand guards, brakes/clutch levers are you using??

Lukerlou, which mirror are you using?
Any special reasons to replace brake oil cup? Beyond than make your controls really nice !! Any chance for more pictures !! :thumbup:

Is that a shift light !!?!!
You are right about the reply in the Kermaxx thread he handled that a lot better than most would have. I have talked with him at great length on the phone and the guy is truly a class act and I'm proud to buy his products.

Zeta guards w/signals and I swapped out the brake master cylinder for another Brembo unit and went with Pazzo levers and a Rizoma reservoir. Both are off a newer R6 Yamaha.

No real reason to switch out the fluid reservoir other than it is dead sexy in my opinion.

The thing that looks like a shift light is actually the switch for heated grips .....I am after all Cnadian and I hate putting my bike away for the winter haha.

Here's a few more of the lever and master swap.

Hope that's what you were looking for as far as pics

#415 ·
Just installed my new LED tail light and integrated turn signals...........:D
Funny, this weekend I went to my dealer (3-1/2 HR away) and while there I just happen to put the Custom Dynamics address into the GPS…..
Well what d’you know, it turns out they are in the next county, five minutes away from my dealer !

How can one resist?

So I got all of this:

Only problem the bike had to stay at the dealer…..
Oh well, next week

:thumbup:

#428 ·
question. is any one else tired of the $40 dollar oil changes? whats your guys say on useing say 10w 50 or 20 w 50 full snyth?

#429 ·
http://supermotojunkie.com/showthread.php?t=53837&highlight=mobil+oil

look about 1/4 of the way down.

--------------------
Here is a post from Earl:

Mobil 1 15W-50 (syn).

Wal Mart carries the 5 quart jug for $21.

Best oil for the money IMO, and you'll feel the difference RIGHT AWAY!

All of my 4 stroke engines are fed a steady diet of Mobil 1; Vette (5W-30), Blazer (5W-30 SUV), KTM 525 SMR & Husky 610 (15W-50).

#430 ·
I run Shell Rotella 15/40 non-syn in my YZ490 cuz Rekluse recommends it for my clutch.
Last spring I went to change the oil in my Husky and was out of the expensive-ass MotorX so I poured in the Shell....been using it ever since without a worry and at only $12.50/gal.

#431 ·
kool kool guys! hey goose do you rider her pretty hard sometimes?

#433 ·
I have not seen a lot of info on power gains for the 2008 FI 610. I have a 2008 610 FI, and I really need to be able to power wheelie in 2nd and 3rd gear (without bouncing and tugging).:D

1. What do we know about the power gains of changing the pipe, modding the airbox (what is the airbox mod anyway), power commander, etc.?

2. Also, when changing the exhaust (slip on) or modding the airbox, does the FI map need to be modified, or how does the computer know to throw in more fuel?

3. Do you have to run the bike on a dyno to dial in the Power Commander?

I know there is a lot of collective knowledge on the carb 610, but have not seen much for the FI.

#438 ·
dwhsd, when my bike was stock i could only power wheelie in 1st and 2nd and i mean bone stock.

#440 ·
well look at profile picture thats my mod ill put up a bigger pic if you want, and i had that smog stuff removed and my pipe put on at once(arrow ti can) i never rode it at stock i had my dealerre map it to preformance settings. all i know is that i was jetted pretty good till i wraped my pipes now it runs a hair lean i think.

#442 ·
Husqvarna SM610 foot pegs

While trailering my bike, I used the right-hand foot peg to tie down the back right-hand-side of my bike. All of a sudden, some guy starts flashing his lights from behind, then comes up on my left, rolls down the window and starts yelling something about my trailer. So I pull over, and both left and right rear tie downs were dragging along. The guy said something hit his car, but all my tie downs were still there, so I said it must have been a rock. So I secure the rear wheel and make my way home. Mystified, I investigated further in the light at home and discovered my right-hand foot peg was gone. The bolt-heads broke right off and the peg and mount went bye-bye! After talking to George at Uptite, he advised I grind down the weld on the frame to create a flat surface and do the same to the foot-peg mount. I'm glad this didn't happen when I was riding - it could have been a real disaster!

So here is a picture of what I had left.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.