SuperMoto Junkie banner

610 mod database (relevant posts only)

357K views 779 replies 161 participants last post by  Ald 
#1 ·
Here's a chance for us to list all the modifications to the 610 both major and minor for helping when doing our own wrenching and to make suggestions for better engineering. Let's add pics when possible and please don't hijack this thread with beer consumption, tail chasing, hooligan stories....keep those where they belong in the "Lobby". That way we can keep this simple, use less bandwidth and make referencing a whole lot easier.

#554 ·
i do like that carbon bar......

i'm thinking about picking up a 610 in a few and was looking at options.......cutting the levers to fit behind hanguards is a no-no for me, since the ball in the only thing that keeps the fingers from sliding off the lever..........
the R6's master cylinder gives improved braking over stock?

#555 ·
You can leave about half the ball there if you want- thats what I did. On my DR-Z I cut the levers down to shorty, but I just took off just enough on my husky. Put the guards on, get out the dremel, and start removing material until the levers will function without getting caught. Took me about ten minutes.

#563 ·
Is that second-hand rear rim an Excel (or) some other asian bike hole pattern? I've just discovered the woes of trying to lace a Husky hub to an Excel rim, it won't happen without new custom spokes to counter the different angles. My OEM 610 hubs and new Excel rims are soon to be on their way to Buchanans for the custom spokes and lacing. You oughta paint those hubs while you got 'er all apart.

#568 ·
I too am running a 165 on the rear right now but tire widths just aren't all created equal.

If you are seriously looking at a specific tire check the actual width on their website or ask if anyone is running that tire.

I've rubbed with some brands 160's and the 165 race rain swims around in the swingarm and clears the chain with ease in comparison.

#585 ·
I came close but went back all stock with my rebuild for reliability reasons. Don't know of anyone that did other than a guy over at cafehusky.com on a TE610 but I forget his name.

Anyone have Original sm610 Rims in Black color-like Excel rims....?
Because I want to Paint my Original Wheels in Black,now i dont have money for another wheels?
The size of Excel and Origanl Wheel is the same?
I just started a new wheel build for my 610, switching out the original stock rims (that I had anodized black last year) to new Excels, also black. It's not a simple switch either. The rim hole angles do not match the hub hole angles because Excel rims are for Asian bikes and Husky hubs are Euro. I've had to send the whole set-up to Buchanan's to have them custom make spokes that compensate for the differences.

You can unlace your rims and send them off for anodizing like I did the first time for a fraction of a new wheel build. I've already given away my OEM rear rim but you're welcome to the front if you wanna pay shipping, it's got some dents though. Or if you don't wanna try your hand at unlacing/lacing, do a search for businesses that take your whole wheel, unlace, anodize and re-lace. I don't recommend the place I used so I won't mention them here.

#583 ·
i think the combustions all ready pretty powerfull, hence the minium of 93 octane gas, but if im wrong sign me up for that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.